value knob problem

RDeraz

Experienced
anyone have problems with the value knob on their ultra?when i turn it clockwise it seems to skip and jump parameters backwards instead of forward.then once i get past that rotation point on the knob it works fine.
is this a sign of it going bad or just dirty?it's making it a real P.I.A. when editing patches.
for instance,turning the gain up on a patch,the screen will show the knob getting up to 5,and if i keep turning value clockwise,the gain will jump back down to like 3 and then start going back up again.

RDeraz said:
anyone have problems with the value knob on their ultra?when i turn it clockwise it seems to skip and jump parameters backwards instead of forward.then once i get past that rotation point on the knob it works fine.
is this a sign of it going bad or just dirty?it's making it a real P.I.A. when editing patches.
for instance,turning the gain up on a patch,the screen will show the knob getting up to 5,and if i keep turning value clockwise,the gain will jump back down to like 3 and then start going back up again.

I take it you have an older Axe-fx. They fixed that issue in later models. It can be fixed on older ones but it takes a trip back to Fractal to do it. I haven't been able to part with mine long enough to do that.

not that old.got it last July.came with firmware 7.16.
i know what you mean,i don't want to part with it either.if it took longer than a week or two,i would end up looking like this :shock:i don't know if i could go that long without my guitar crack!

RDeraz said:
not that old.got it last July.came with firmware 7.16.
i know what you mean,i don't want to part with it either.if it took longer than a week or two,i would end up looking like this :shock:i don't know if i could go that long without my guitar crack!

I would contact support, see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom