V9 Good-LesPaul-Plexi-sound

i really liked that!

seems the plexi model is popular. i find myself using it more than any other and feeling like it behaves most like an amp out of the other models i've tried.

I haven't messed with the plexi1 model in a while. I don't remember it sounding this way when I first messed with it. Anyways, I gave it another go yesterday and got it really fun tone to play with through my amp and cab. Very similar to the OP tone. I had a blast playing it. The bad news is I could never get something similar when I turned the cab sims back on and direct into my computer. I tried the stock cabs, RedWires cabs, mixed RW cabs, and even the cab the OP linked. None of them kept the same tone and feel going through my real cabinet. I went from "wow, this is the coolest amp model I've played" to "WTF?" in minutes.

I tried tweaking the amp again, but I could never get the same thing happening. Major buzz kill. I guess I'll try again when I sit back down. :cry:

Rogue said:
I haven't messed with the plexi1 model in a while. I don't remember it sounding this way when I first messed with it. Anyways, I gave it another go yesterday and got it really fun tone to play with through my amp and cab. Very similar to the OP tone. I had a blast playing it. The bad news is I could never get something similar when I turned the cab sims back on and direct into my computer. I tried the stock cabs, RedWires cabs, mixed RW cabs, and even the cab the OP linked. None of them kept the same tone and feel going through my real cabinet. I went from "wow, this is the coolest amp model I've played" to "WTF?" in minutes.

I tried tweaking the amp again, but I could never get the same thing happening. Major buzz kill. I guess I'll try again when I sit back down. :cry:

Maybe you need to figure out how to create a custom IR of that cabinet. Hmmmm...

What kinds of power amp and cabinet were you playing it through when it sounded good?

browlett said:
Maybe you need to figure out how to create a custom IR of that cabinet. Hmmmm...
I don't know what the process for doing so is, but that would be cool. I don't think I would get the same tone though as a miced cab (which is how would have to capture it) and a live cab (which is what I was hearing) sound pretty different.

browlett said:
What kinds of power amp and cabinet were you playing it through when it sounded good?
It's a Berhinger amp that I got in an emergency trade and my old trusty Legacy cab with 2 V30s and two Greenbacks. It had a nice full, tight and present tone with that immediate feel. I could never get it to sound the same with any cab sims I tried. I haven't sat down yet to try and dial it in, so the jury is still out. It could very well be how I have something setup. I haven't really returned to it. The air might be on and causing something? I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom