V9.02 All Amps + Cabs

Thanks! I just downloaded the file. Will look into it tomorrow, but it looks promising! Is it 'just' preset 256 through 368 in the rar file though?

Do you have a global amp gain set other than 0? Even Diezel VH4 3 sounds mid gain and Top Boost is just before the breakup.

I dont know if it is supposed to be like that.

Yes, at about -4.6dB.

From a previous thread I referred to at the beginning of this post:
To put things into perspective a bit:
I like everything from classic rock to metal. I play Strats, Superstrats and sevenstrings.
When setting the gain in an amp, I try to find the spot where I get a good sustain and nice distortion but, when turning down, the amp cleans up.
Sometimes I have to engage the bright switch for this. On some amps however, I didn't do this because the highs became to harsh and couldn't be tamed even by turning down the value of the treble cap.
My Global amp gain is set at -4.6dB.
I noticed I could turn of the Noise Gate in the Layout Tab altogether them, except for a few amps.
But you'll find out for yourself.
I set the level of the cabs at -2.0dB because I feel that this corresponds with the level when bypassing the block.
Lo cut is at 60Hz, hi cut at about 6500Hz
I tried to use only the basic parameters and only adjusted the bright cap when I thought it was necessary.
I'll check with the default settings and update the spreadsheet.

I tried to stick with the suggested cabs unless I found they sounded too bad to my ears.
So feel free to experiment.
Levels should be about equal for all presets.

Any idea why MidiOx can't send these presets to the Axe?

It could be the that preset goes to a preset location instead of the edit buffer that you might expect.
For 256 - Ampeg SVT check preset 0 or 256 if loaded with MIDI-OX

Any idea why MidiOx can't send these presets to the Axe?

It could be the that preset goes to a preset location instead of the edit buffer that you might expect.
For 256 - Ampeg SVT check preset 0 or 256 if loaded with MIDI-OX

Thanks! I'll check later... I assume this means that the preset I'm loading will automatically overwrite the previous preset that's stored on that location?
What's different with these presets that make them not using the edit buffer?

There are cases where a preset file contains the exact slot number and will be loaded into that slot number when being transferred to the Axe-Fx, overwriting the existing preset. This can happen if the preset was exported from Axe-Edit without the "Strip Preset Numbers" option being checked. Or if the preset was copied from AE's cache folders. Some presets in Axe-Change display this behavior, alas. Always backup your current banks to onboard memory before testing "unknown" presets to prevent losing stuff.

Yes, at about -4.6dB.

From a previous thread I referred to at the beginning of this post:
Good work for making a "reference bank" for starters!

However, just wondering if you could make those presets with a global amp gain of 0dB? That would make it alot more useful since most people will have the global amp gain at 0-setting.

Yes I could.
I'm planning on doing it for V10
Awesome stuff. And I agree that it might be pointless work before v10 is released because most amps will probably need to be dialed in from scratch again (at least this was the case for the last major fw updates ;) ) anyway.

Back
Top Bottom