V7 saturation and pick attack.

Woozy

Guys please tell me does anyone else feel this or i am making things up. There is something strange happening with pick attack in the new firmware. It is more apparent when playing single string palm mutes. I don't know how to explain it but it sounds more like a "tik-tik" than a "chug-chug". Increasing the gain does not help, the sound just becomes harsher. Cliffs's tips about low sag and high MV helped a bit. On some models it is more apparent on some less. Has anyone experienced this? Any solution?

i feel the same e.g. for the models like jcm 800, friedman hbe. but so far no real solution except for tweaking the highs with speaker resonance tab.

A method that helps me alot when dealing with itching attack noises:

I.e. when I use my Telecaster I add a filter block in the first spot to tame the pick attack. Settings for my particular guitar are:
Type - peaking
Freq 2601 Hz
Q 3.9
Gain -11db

Find the icepick frequency on your guitar by sweeping Freq while Gain is set to +12. Then turn it down.

A method that helps me alot when dealing with itching attack noises:

I.e. when I use my Telecaster I add a filter block in the first spot to tame the pick attack. Settings for my particular guitar are:
Type - peaking
Freq 2601 Hz
Q 3.9
Gain -11db

Find the icepick frequency on your guitar by sweeping Freq while Gain is set to +12. Then turn it down.

Thank you. But the sound is good. It just seems that i have to hit the string harder to get saturated tone.

Hey guys check the dynamic knob some amps are defaulting to 100% when it should be set at 0% after upgrading to 7. That will make the pick attack sound crazy.

The model that bothers me the most is VH4 ch3. The dynamics is set at 0, i even tried it negative...

I use it like this: comp very low, master about 7, sag very low and damp around 7. Other advanced parameters default. I like it better that way, but it seems to me that, comparing to my real diezel, it is still different. Again, not talking about tone here...

Back
Top Bottom