v4.01 preset sounds/feels different in v5.03

Chris814

Hi,

v4/01 preset sounds/feels different (not as good) in v5.03. It's more squished, compressed. ***I've tried to adjust compressor and noise gate but it's not helping. Any help appreciated, this was my one of my top goto presets.

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9692

Thanks, Chris

Attachments

• Wreckers v4.01.png
    Wreckers v4.01.png
    614.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 10.59.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 10.59.57 AM.png
    612.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Your screenshots show 59 Bassguy Bright in the first and Wrecker Liverpool Bright in the second.

I suspect it's just a display issue but you might want to double check.

That’s because the older factory presets are not adjusted for the current firmware. Use the updated ones instead.
Thanks but "Use the updated ones instead." - which ones do you mean, there's a (similar) "Wrecked" preset in v5.03 or? The "Wrecked" preset has been in the last couple firmware's but cannot find anything resembling it in v5.03.

Last edited:
The firmware updates update the way the individual blocks (amps, effects, etc) sound. Then the factory presets have those blocks combined into full sounds with settings.

When the firmware updates the individual blocks can sound different in old presets. The updated factory presets have been readjusted in the new firmware to sound best with it.

Thanks but "Use the updated ones instead." - which ones do you mean, there's a (similar) "Wrecked" preset in v5.03 or? The "Wrecked" preset has been in the last couple firmware's but cannot find anything resembling it in v5.03.
Do what @Admin M@ said. The firmware does not automatically update the factory presets. You have to install the refreshed set of factory presets if you want to baseline compare unedited factory presets from one era of firmware to another. Going from 4.0 vs. 5.0 is a lot of modeling evolution changes.

Back
Top Bottom