V2 Kicktags......... Awesome

vaxed

Inspired
Hi All,
Just received my V2 Kicktags, thought I'd give a quick review.

I decided to go for:
1 x 'Funky Pedals' style labels
1 x Set of Amp Style
1 x Control Set-FIBRES (Non Glow)
1 x MFC 'Scenes' Text Labels

First impressions.....So much thicker and sturdier than the originals, my 5 preset labels on the original set got torn a few times, due to some careless stomping.
No way these will tear. I must say though, Sukh always replaced the labels which were torn free of charge.... Great customer service.

Love the designs and colours are really vibrant........ Maybe not be to everyone's taste, there are subtle option.

Used my existing glow in the dark text labels which fitted no problems.

Just adds the finishing touch to a great Midi foot controller.

I've got 5 spare Funky Pedal labels if I fancy a change.........Not sure which pedal design goes with some of the effects but nevermind.

Bottom Line............ Really pleased and glad I upgraded from V1

Attachments

• V2 Kicktags.jpg
    V2 Kicktags.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Thanks so much for posting John - I'm so pleased you like them. You're the first person to receive theirs so I guess you owe me a beer!

:)

Cheers mate,
Sukh

I ordered over 3 weeks ago...not sure what the lag time is, but I'm hoping they come soon!

Hey mate, all remaining launch orders shipped last week (you should have gotten a notification - if not, drop me a mail) - the rest is up to the good postal folk around the world! They're on the way - I know you're going to love them :)

Thanks,
Sukh

got mine today as well. As replacements for the V1 tabs there awesome. I knew they were good after seeing them at UK Axe-Festival. There thicker, more vibrant and more "sticky". i had the old "guitar" set but went for the Axe-Edit set this time as it made sense for my layout. The only slight "alteration" is I used the megatap delay symbol for my volume boost - as it works for me.

I also replaced the "amp surrounds" and "control set"

got to say, i love the little touches ... the plastic box they come in is great :)

P1020933_zps5ac7ddb2.jpg

P1020934_zpsdc425850.jpg

Awesome! Glad you got them mate, really glad you like them and really pleased you noticed a little detail! (they make all the difference, don't you think?). A couple of other 'little details' you've probably noticed, but without realising:

1. Every set is carefully *hand sprayed* with liquid laminate to ensure the tops don't get too glossy and therefore become too reflective. I love that these still 'look' glossy, but don't reflect too much - which is not so cool under stage lighting. (Four light coats are applied to make them water resistant, durable and uv stable).

2. Every single surround top is individually 'black edged' by hand so that you don't see 'white' at the outer edges of the label. This is a pain in the bollock to do and time consuming (!) but it's what I do to my own labels as it just looks so much cooler

3. The cutout for the text labels is narrower on the 'top' than the magnetic backing. This means the text label is actually 'recessed' into the surround and makes it impossible to 'slip out' by accident and also much less likely to move during transport.

Thanks again man - you need a new set of text labels though (the new ones look much nicer) :)

sukh

Ill get round to a new set of text labels once my new kitchen is in and paid for (in case of those little unexpected jobs), or when I smudge the ones I have - whichever comes first.

got mine today as well. As replacements for the V1 tabs there awesome. I knew they were good after seeing them at UK Axe-Festival. There thicker, more vibrant and more "sticky". i had the old "guitar" set but went for the Axe-Edit set this time as it made sense for my layout. The only slight "alteration" is I used the megatap delay symbol for my volume boost - as it works for me.

I also replaced the "amp surrounds" and "control set"

got to say, i love the little touches ... the plastic box they come in is great :)

P1020933_zps5ac7ddb2.jpg

Looks great. :) I keep meaning to look into proper magnetic labels for my MFC, but the tape labels have held fine and I haven't had any problems seeing them on stage yet. Actually I think it's more that I don't even really look at them, I just know what's on what switch by now.

That said, hate to be the picky knobhead, but that's not how "rotary" is spelled. :|

It's a custom text label mate - that's how he wanted it on his board, which is cool by me :)

Nah, I wasn't suggesting you guys had screwed it up. Actually, that hadn't even occurred to me. I'd assumed it was his own mistake. :)

I also find it funny that it's right next to the correctly spelled "Tremolo", which people often rather annoyingly spell as "Tremelo". :lol

Hey mate - yep, we sold out of all material when we launched. Good news is we have new materials in now, will start prepping this weekend and will have everything back in stock in the store next Friday.

Thanks man!
sukh

Back
Top Bottom