V10 HIGH GAIN REVIEW

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
As a self proclaimed high gain freak, I am officially endorsing v10. Something truly has happened. Adjectives: heavier, gainier, more chunk, more presence, less mud more articulation. IN FACT, for the first time ever (6160 2 and block) I started using NO DRIVE pedal in front (for rhythm).

I love it and cant get enough. My wife and kids are tired of hearing me do the one hand palm mute E's while I change parameters like a madman. I also cant get through many cabs and settings because Im having too much fun jamming.

Really wish there was no such thing as hearing damage or I would crank away at louder levels for hours, its such a frickin tease wanting to blow up my room and protect my ears at the same time!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Cliff, from a hard to please metal head.:mrgreen.

I agree totally. I am a high gain freak and the amps posses a beauty not previously felt. The palm mutes are much more organic. The note separation on the E-A strings is addicting. I spent 45 minutes playing Judas Priest's " Another Thing Cumin." You know that F# fifth cord. For the first time the music is alive and exists to display the amp tone rather than other way around!

Uberschall now sounds like a monster, before 10.0 I didn't like it at all... Same with SLO100, same with Splawn Nitro, same with Mesa amps...

Now EVERY fractal default patch sounds fantastic.

I couldn't agree more! The high gainers sound huge... the new cab IR's are fantastic... even the old one's somehow sound better. I too have been dialing in amazing rhythm tones without a boost into the front.

I know the MIMIC process has theoretically done nothing to the FAS amps, but I'm back on the FAS Modern as one of the BEST high gain amps in the whole unit! Hit the FAT switch on that mofo and soak in the muscly, thick riff-tastic chunk...

I have been transported back to my mid 80's thrash filled teenage years... stock 1987x Treble preset, dimed tone knobs, T808 in front... THRASH!!

Just now... not 10 seconds ago... I dinged a chunk of the finish off my (previously) pristine ESP on the corner of the mounting bracket on the Axe... and I don't even give a shit!!!

I also agree. Before, most of the high gain amps sounded fairly similar. Now, they are each very different. The note separation is excellent, and they do feel really organic.

Add to this the new cab IRs and the much improved 'edge of break up' tones and I am very happy!

Uberschall now sounds like a monster, before 10.0 I didn't like it at all... Same with SLO100, same with Splawn Nitro, same with Mesa amps...

Now EVERY fractal default patch sounds fantastic.

Yah. Was slightly disappointed by Euro Uber in FW9. FW10 gave it some serious balls. It sounds like I expect an Uberschall to sound like!

What cabs are you using with the Uberschall amp block? Do you guys suggest the new mix cabs with no mic sims?

What cabs are you using with the Uberschall amp block? Do you guys suggest the new mix cabs with no mic sims?

I'm using the factory Uber T75+V30 cab in stereo with a 57 and R121. I tend to go with whatever matched cab the particular amp designer suggests so I can get an idea of what the amp is 'supposed' to sound like before I start messing with other options. Works for me.

more presence, less mud more articulation

I just gotten around to fiddle with the Djentlemanly patch (which is the usual foundation for my Djent tone) and i can really notice a lot more articulation and note separation.

This could be the technique talking, so I'm gonna look further into that, but if not.. Hooray FW10!

ya the Splawn Nitro and the Powerball are really much better now.
the 5150 II.........well that is becoming one of my favorites as I had 3 of these (the real ones) and I can get a very close match to what my real ones sounded and felt like really easily now.

the 5150 II.........well that is becoming one of my favorites as I had 3 of these (the real ones) and I can get a very close match to what my real ones sounded and felt like really easily now.

Yeah, I like the new 6160 II sim too but feel there's no way near the same amount of distortion available on the model as compared to the real head (given the same settings). Or is my memory deceiving me?

Back
Top Bottom