v10 firmware update not possible - what to do ?

puma1

Hi.
i have a big problem with updating the axe FX 2 with firmware 10.
I used fractal bot to update the firmware (my actual version is 8.01).
I did as the program said: Go to the firmware tab of utility menu ... and press enter to put the unit into firmware update mode.
After 100% of updating an error occured.
I tried it once more, now i always get the message: an error has occured during file transmission.
This may have happened because you manually put the axe fx 2 into firmware update mode which is not necessary for the version
that is currently installed.
Please reboot the axe fx and try again.

After i turned out the axe fx and turn it on (this means reboot ?) again the same message comes.

Does anybody know what i should do now ?

I had this. Turn off axe, close fractal bot , turn on axe, open fractal bot. Don't open firmware tab just hit update. I was was updating from beta 10 so might be different.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well the program clearly says that you don't need to put the Axe-Fx in the firmware update mode. So just turn on the Axe-Fx, launch Fractal Bot, select the firmware update file and hit Transmit.

Well the program clearly says that you don't need to put the Axe-Fx in the firmware update mode. So just turn on the Axe-Fx, launch Fractal Bot, select the firmware update file and hit Transmit.

In my opinion the program says exactly that i have to put the axe fx in the firmware update mode. "Go to the firmware tab of utility menu ... and press enter to put the unit into firmware update mode"

The message is on the pc. I turned off and on Axe FX and PC.
Every time i start Fractal boot first the message comes: Go to the firmware tab of utility menu ... and press enter to put the unit into firmware update mode
After pressing ok the other message comes: an error has occured during file transmission.
This may have happened because you manually put the axe fx 2 into firmware update mode which is not necessary for the version
that is currently installed.
Please reboot the axe fx and try again.

I tried to update with axe edit (the new version)
After 100% of installation the axe fx says Transfer Error
Please help !!!

Hi xpenno,
you wrote: I had this. Turn off axe, close fractal bot , turn on axe, open fractal bot. Don't open firmware tab just hit update.
Qhat do you mean with "Don't open firmware tab just hit update."
There is only a button transmit

I had the same problem. I ended up just using the old Axe-Edit to load it and it worked. I wanted to load the firmware first before installing the new Axe-Edit 1.9, since I've been using the old version for firmware updates without any issues.

I had similar issues with fractalbot. The first couple of times it warned of a transfer error, possibly due to going in the utilities menu and setting up for a firmware transfer like we did previously (which I didn't do). After the third time, it worked. I used a mac.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I too went for 3 hours trying and trying last night and when I woke up this morning decided to give one more try and whala! it worked. I don't get what's going on with Bot but I too was getting the same error message that I didn't need to use the utility firmware prompt.

Hi xpenno,
you wrote: I had this. Turn off axe, close fractal bot , turn on axe, open fractal bot. Don't open firmware tab just hit update.
Qhat do you mean with "Don't open firmware tab just hit update."
There is only a button transmit

That's the update tab on the AxeFX. If it goes to 100% then it might be worth re-downloading the file just in case.

Hello everybody (and especially stratamania),
i used midi ox and it worked
Thank you for your help !!!

The Fractal Bot worked for me but not exactly as described in the Bot manual.

I was on 9.02.

The Fractal Bot prompted me to put the AxeFx II into firmware update mode.

I did it and when the file transfer was complete the Fractal Bot prompted me to follow the instructions on the AxeFx II screen. The AxeFx II was displaying the normal power cycle after firmware update screen.

I cycled the AxeFx II power and all was good.

The transfer from the Bot to the AxeFx was not super fast either; about like a MidiOx transfer.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom