V10.02 hangs?

This just makes me wonder - could the freezing have something to do with the usb cable itself?
I'm sure a TRS cable laying on the ground sends a bit mixed signal to the unit - could it be that a faulty usb cable could result in something similar?

I'm just quessing. Maybe this is relevant, maybe not.
Interesting thought. I swapped out the USB cable last night for one that has a ferrite core on it, which should reduce noise/interference. I had the Axe powered on for nearly 7 hours straight with no crashing. I haven't updated to 10.04 and will probably hold off to see if the cable swap has stopped the lockups. If it does turn out to be a flaky cable, I still wonder if there is something that can be done with the firmware and/or usb drivers to avoid having interference bring down the system.

Interesting thought. I swapped out the USB cable last night for one that has a ferrite core on it, which should reduce noise/interference. I had the Axe powered on for nearly 7 hours straight with no crashing. I haven't updated to 10.04 and will probably hold off to see if the cable swap has stopped the lockups. If it does turn out to be a flaky cable, I still wonder if there is something that can be done with the firmware and/or usb drivers to avoid having interference bring down the system.
Can you try it again with the cable that made it crash?

OK .... I tried a new USB cable ... a skinny little short thing that probably came with an external usb drive caddy - but it had a ferrite core in it. No problems to report - Axe behaved perfectly.

I then plugged in the old USB cable again ...... and the Axe behaved perfectly!

Everything was as before .... same FW on Axe (10.02), same PC, same usb port on PC ....

The only physical thing I can think of that was different that I hadn't maybe done before was to take the USB cable out of the back of the Axe and plug it back in again ... so maybe it was just badly seated there somehow??

We had problems with the USB at the studio yesterday. Tried two different computers and it wouldn't work right. Finally found another USB cable, swapped it and all the problems went away.

did the same thing! I thought it was the usb-connectors in my laptop from plugging and unplugging it too many times. nope, just a too many years old gray usb cable from a stone age printer. watch out guys!

Had two more USB-related crashes yesterday, each after like 30 minutes. FW 10.05, Windows 7 32 bit. Used a different cable, still crashed.

I was just using the Axe-FX as my soundcard to listen to the new Deep Purple I bought and had ripped into my iTunes library. The music stopped and the Axe froze about 30 minutes in. Had to restart both the Axe and iTunes to get it to work again.

Never had that happen before ever.

Mine freezes also with 10.02,... only using it as USB AI with iTunes on MAC and playing guitar at the same time. Very NASTY.

PD: no AXE-EDIT at all.

Still getting an occasional crash with a new USB cable. Still wondering if something can be done to keep a bad cable from crashing the system, if that is what's causing these crashes.

Hi everybody

My Axe was freezing too.
But this morning i found a solution for this problem.
I changed the Axe USB cable from my new USB 3.0 Port to a older USB 2.0 Port.
Since several hours my Axe work perfect with opened Axe Edit in the background.
I hope, this information can help other guys with the same problem...

(Sorry for my bad englisch)

Hi everybody

My Axe was freezing too.
But this morning i found a solution for this problem.
I changed the Axe USB cable from my new USB 3.0 Port to a older USB 2.0 Port.
Since several hours my Axe work perfect with opened Axe Edit in the background.
I hope, this information can help other guys with the same problem...

(Sorry for my bad englisch)
I think this is coincidence. I never used USB 3.0 ports and still had crashes with USB.

Back
Top Bottom