V1.09b1, 1.09b2, and 1.09 Input 1 noise issue

Hi all, when I first upgraded from 1.08 to 1.09beta1, I had this odd extra bit of noise in my Input 1, but not in Input 2.

I changed the power supply frequency, the input volume in the I/O settings, the actual volume on my instrument, cables, electrical circuits, which room I was in, usb cable, my physical orientation, two guitars, three different basses, and it was still there. It even did it when I would set the level of Input 1 to 0%.

As soon as I changed to Input 2, with all the exact same settings, it was totally clear. I even did the block reset, and tried building entirely new presets.

I reverted to 1.07, then 1.08, and my sounds were crystal clear. Tried 1.09beta2, and there was the noise again. Input 2, no noise. Again, reverted back to 1.08, noise went away. Tried 1.09 tonight, and here's the nasty noise again, albeit less noticeable on a clean preset than before, and Input 2 is once again clear with no issues.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of issue? When 1.09b1 hit, I did put in a ticket for it, but it was closed when I replied that going back to 1.08 fixed it, but it's reared it's noisy, ugly head again.

I've uploaded a clip at The first half is with the noise 1.09, the second is without, 1.08. I recorded the clips only as far apart as it took up revert from 1.09 to 1.08, nothing else changed.

Thanks for any advice.

Well, it took three updates to 1.09, resetting the Input 1 block each time, but now it seems that noise is mostly gone. It does come back if I raise the ratio up past 2.5-3, which it didn't do in 1.08 at all. I guess 1.08 settings don't translate into 1.09.

Hi all, when I first upgraded from 1.08 to 1.09beta1, I had this odd extra bit of noise in my Input 1, but not in Input 2.

I changed the power supply frequency, the input volume in the I/O settings, the actual volume on my instrument, cables, electrical circuits, which room I was in, usb cable, my physical orientation, two guitars, three different basses, and it was still there. It even did it when I would set the level of Input 1 to 0%.

As soon as I changed to Input 2, with all the exact same settings, it was totally clear. I even did the block reset, and tried building entirely new presets.

I reverted to 1.07, then 1.08, and my sounds were crystal clear. Tried 1.09beta2, and there was the noise again. Input 2, no noise. Again, reverted back to 1.08, noise went away. Tried 1.09 tonight, and here's the nasty noise again, albeit less noticeable on a clean preset than before, and Input 2 is once again clear with no issues.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of issue? When 1.09b1 hit, I did put in a ticket for it, but it was closed when I replied that going back to 1.08 fixed it, but it's reared it's noisy, ugly head again.

I've uploaded a clip at The first half is with the noise 1.09, the second is without, 1.08. I recorded the clips only as far apart as it took up revert from 1.09 to 1.08, nothing else changed.

Thanks for any advice.

I've also experienced the same exact issues with 1.09beta1 and distracting noise from output 1. I reverted back to 1.08 and the noise went away.

Is this something for everyone to do or just people that might hear noise? Could be a duh question? HA!
His noise gate settings were wrong. Rather than trying to explain its easier to just reset the block.

Press Home > Layout. Select Input 1. Press Edit. Press Reset. Enjoy.
I have to "reset" Input 1 every time I power on the unit or change presets, following these steps, to get rid of the hiss/noise. The hiss goes away immediately, but as soon as I switch to a different preset it's back. Then I do these steps and it's gone. If I switch back to the previous preset, where I've already "reset" the input, the hiss is back. Is this normal?

Save the preset after resetting it ?
Yep. I reset the input using the front panel then make some amp/effect settings changes and save the preset via Axe-Edit. I'll try saving via the front panel right after the input reset and see if it fixes things!! Thanks!

Mine came from factory with 1.09. I think I'm getting the same kind of hiss. Even when I disconnect my guitar cable from the unit it's still there. Resetting the input block had no effect.

Ive has some sound (almost a crackling) coming out of my speakers starting with the same firmware, even if I have the guitar cable removed from the AxeIII. I can also hear it through the headphones, yet it doesn’t seem to “print” onto the USB, as I tried to record what I was hearing I to Logic to no avail. I’m probably still too new to the III and have missed something important.

Anyone else tried recording the noise you’re hearing? Any success?

Lee

Back
Top Bottom