Using traditional stomp pedals in FRONT of the AXE?

hehehe...

behold the bank of fuzz

bank-of-fuzz.jpg
I remember when that bank was at 80. Holy hell! You're a busy man Don :D

hehehe...

behold the bank of fuzz

bank-of-fuzz.jpg

Holy Sh*t! I feel like an outsider to an inside joke however... Are these all presets for just a fuzz block, or are these all user patches that you've put together? And based on the comments, it sounds like you don't have a II yet, so these patches won't work in the II? I'm still trying to figure it all out...

No inside joke....

Don loves his Fuzz....

We want him to get a II so we can benefit from his talents in "Fuzz Love" ....if you will

Are these all presets for just a fuzz block, or are these all user patches that you've put together?
they're all complete patches, ready to play :D The most work for these clearly went into the drive block(s) which often were further tweaked by some additional EQ(s)

And based on the comments, it sounds like you don't have a II yet, so these patches won't work in the II? I'm still trying to figure it all out...
right, no II here (yet). been on the waiting list for a while tho...

while patches made on the Ultra/Standard can't be imported to the II yet, I'm convinced that the II is a big step forward and therefore anything created on a Gen1 unit can be replicated on the II - and probably sound better.

Hey Don, which from that list of fuzz gave you the biggest challenge?

good one! :)

mini bone.

still not quite there.
it has to do with the asymmetrical clipping going on, the waveform distorts above zero differently then below zero. The algos in the Axe are great and sound very, very good, but they are almost too precise and symmetrical.
I'd like to see a bit more randomness, especially in the edges of a waveform and to get more control over the symmetrical/asymmetrical aspects.

Last edited:
one of the things I LOVE about fuzz is it's unpredictability... you can play the same exact note, but it will sound different depending on how ornery the fuzz is feeling at the time...

one of the things I LOVE about fuzz is it's unpredictability... you can play the same exact note, but it will sound different depending on how ornery the fuzz is feeling at the time...

Sounds like me. I Am Fuzz.

Back
Top Bottom