Using the Multi Delay as Space Echo, Echoplex or simpler delay

imrecs

Inspired
I have the need for a 3rd and possibly 4th delay block in a few presets and since there are only 2 delay blocks, I'm wondering how to set the multi delay to accomplish a simpler delay?

I'd basically like something like an echoplex and something like a Roland space-echo, and I know there is a quad tape algo in the multi-delay. Any tips on how to set this to sound like these 2 units?

there's a quad tape delay in the multi delay block, but messing with it now, i think ther's a bug which stops the filters working

try the band delay. turn all level and feedback params to zero on delays 2, 3, and 4, so you're just using tap 1

set modulation to 3hz and 15% for tap 1

set freq to 750 and q to 10 for tap 1

adjust q, freq, feedback and level to taste

Aw-shucks.jpg

Btw, there is no bug in the quad tape delay...you have to turn up master Q. So try everything outlined above with that delay type instead of the band delay

Thanks Simeon!

Can anyone help with settings that get a "washy" delay like the one Johnny Greenwood uses at 2:00 in this video:

http://youtu.be/XL8S8DIhs64

The attack of his 16th note picking is really softened and it sounds more like a wash of reverb though I'm assuming this is a delay perhaps with some spring verb mixed in as the only delay pedal he has on his rig is a Roland RE-201 space echo.

Thanks!

I fork over dollars for cab packs. Would most likely fork over some bucks for some Simeon 'Delay Packs' as well.

this is something i would actually be interested in doing, but i've no idea how i would a) monetise it and b) prevent anyone from sharing it

i suppose i could just put them on my website and make paypal donations optional (like Fremen does with his preset banks)

Back
Top Bottom