Using the Axe with In Ear Monitors?

BTW, I went with Alien Ears triple drivers and they sound fantastic. I had generic fit triple driver Westones before and the sound is just as good, but these actually stay in my ears! They are one of the cheapest companies out there but their products are still fantastic!

We have both the DL32r and the 1608. We only use the 32, but I do not need to sell the 1608, and it is nice to have for occasional small gigs.

The stereo in-ear mix from the 32 is really nice to have, and I is just a great and very well thought out mixer.

Hi everyone.
Any suggestions about a good in ears but not expensive. I’m tired in my band play and don’t take the taste of my sound. The drummer plays to loud and I don’t play very loud. In the FOH looks good but sometimes in the stage I lose my sensibilities. I need a good in ears.
Thanks.

Hi everyone.
Any suggestions about a good in ears but not expensive. I’m tired in my band play and don’t take the taste of my sound. The drummer plays to loud and I don’t play very loud. In the FOH looks good but sometimes in the stage I lose my sensibilities. I need a good in ears.
Thanks.

Shure 215s are probably the best cheap IEMs that perform well in that price range. There are much better ones but these are a good starting point if you are not sure yet.

I’ve been using Shure SE215s for years. In my opinion they are among the best of the non-fitted IEMs. UK price when I bought them was around £85.

This summer we got a new drummer. He’s a lot louder than his predecessor, so I needed to move to fitted IEMs. The price is about five times what I paid for Shures.

Fitted IEMs sound better, Not just because they’re fitted, but they have multiple drivers to the Shure’s single driver. They also don’t fall out mid set. However there’s a down side. I’m also much more dependent on getting the right mix from the desk. With the Shures I could take the vocalists’ mix, and loosen them if i needed more guitar. (I use a monitor for feedback.) With fitted IEMs I need to have a guitar high mix, with keys and sax turned down a bit, and no bass guitar. I can get that because we have a digital desk, with individual IEM mixes which we can control from out ‘phones and iPads.

You pays your money ...

Back
Top Bottom