Using the Axe at Easter service?

Happy Easter, everyone! It must be great being able to play great praise songs at Church. Our (Episcopalian) music is, in a word, staid. This morning we did have a brass section which livened things up somewhat.

I did!

List:

All for Love (Planetshakers)
See His Love (Jesus Culture)
Lead me to the Cross (Hillsong)
The Same Power (Hillsong)
The Anthem (Planetshakers)

Aside from a glitch with the in-ears rig at the very beginning, it went well.

D

Come Worship The King
Your Love is Amazing
In Christ Alone
At the Cross
Wonderful Merciful Saviour
Shout to the Lord

Peace

2 Easter Services - 9:29 and 11:11 am

Set list:

Look What You've Done for Me
Happy Day
For All You've Done
Mighty To Save
Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)

Postlude:
Come and Listen
Happy Day

It was an amazing time of worship and celebration!

megalowmatt said:
TonyGring said:
Awesome! I guess I should include our set as well since I started the thread.

Lead Me to the Cross Hillsong ( KILLER song )

Tony - that IS a great song. I love playing the guitar lick.

matt

We did that one a couple weeks ago, great tune. :)

Yesterday we did:
Hosanna (Paul Baloche)
Mighty To Save (Hillsong United)
The Power of the Cross (Stuart Townend I think)
To Ever Live Without Me (dunno who did this, it was just piano and vocals)
Above All (Michael W. Smith)

We used to do more, but they cut the song after the sermon and merged it with the offering song. Also, instead of playing a proper closing song they dismiss everyone and we play as they leave, so most of the time we just recycle one we did earlier in the service (usually a prelude or opening number). Can't say that this is all thrilling me much... I'd rather play more, but it's tough from a time-perspective being sandwiched between 2 other services. :?

Oh yes, and as for the OP's question... of course this was all done with the AxeFX. :cool:

Wow :eek: I'd like to play my ultra in my church in Italy but here we have to pray only wth organ (not hammond ;) ) :cry: I think that's one of the reasons people don't attend function anymore...
Sometimes we can play some acoustic guitars but nothing else... Very very sad...

It's fun, but if we only had 1 service I doubt it would be anything but non-Hammond organ music. ;) We have 4 on Sunday (3 in the morning and one in the evening) and 2 (the 2nd morning and the evening) are contemporary.

Diego said:
Wow :eek: I'd like to play my ultra in my church in Italy but here we have to pray only wth organ (not hammond ;) ) :cry: I think that's one of the reasons people don't attend function anymore...
Sometimes we can play some acoustic guitars but nothing else... Very very sad...
Thats a shame in some ways...however there is something to be said for the traditional way of doing things too...
I'd dare say those "old hymn" writers had a purer heart for God than I ever will...
That being said...I feel so blessed to be in the fellowship I am...We do whatever song we want, however we want to do it...accountable, for sure, to the Eldership of our church...But enough freedom to make it exciting and enjoyable!...not to say theres a right and wrong way ...by any means! ;)

Diego said:

Diego-

Around seven years ago I had the opportunity to play at a church plant conference in Rimini. We were also able to play at several local Florence churches. The congregations were relatively small but the electric guitar and "modern" setup was well received. Of course no axe-fx but fun nonetheless.

matt

MKeditor said:
so Tony....how did it go today? That sounds like quite an event. Any photos or clips to share?

Thanks for asking. It went Great! Picture perfect " chamber of commerce day" weather. Huge crowd. No glitches at all with sound. The Axe sounded great. Both on stage ( Many monitors ) and FOH. I had my brother and others with good musician ears telling me how good it sounded " No way you could tell you weren't using a tube amp" Great message and most important of all, about 100 people responded to altar call and gave themselves to Him. I'll try and post some pics as soon as I can. Hope everyone else had a wonderful service as well. Blessings, t

Yes sometimes there are "modern" priests (not always they are the younger one...) but in small town comunity it's hard to change minds....
However I'll be in New York next may and I hope to find a church where they sing and play electric...

Played my ultra for service! This was the first time with my semi-hollow guitar (previous times were with my strat).

1) Awesome Is the Lord Most High (Chris Tomlin)
2) Happy Day (Tim Hughes)
3) In Christ Alone (Gettys)
4) Our God Reigns (Chris Tomlin)
5) Mighy To Save (Hillsongs)

Response songs
6) Before the Throne (Sovereign Grace)
7) Worthy Is The Lamb (Hillsongs)

I would have been using the Axe-Fx if I wasn't leading with the acoustic!!

Song list:

Shout Your Fame (Hillsongs)
Happy Day (Chris Tomlin)
Sweetly Broken (Jeremy Riddle)
Your Blood (Nothing but the Blood) (Matt Redmann)
King of Sacrifice (Leland Nelson - AKA BlueLotus ;) )

What a great service! Worship happened and God was blessed. What an honour to lead the music to such an amazing God! God bless everyone here for investing in quality gear. Broad is the road that leads to tube amps but strait is the path to the Axe-Fx :lol: Keep making music, everyone.

The Axe Fx is a great tool for the acoustic- the parametrics and MBC are outstanding tools. I use the Ultra for both electric and acoustic in the same service on Sundays and gigs during the week.

Mike Snider said:
The Axe Fx is a great tool for the acoustic- the parametrics and MBC are outstanding tools...

I've got a Takamine and a D-TAR Mama Bear. The Mama Bear is much easier to carry than the Axe-Fx. ;) Besides, I like my acoustic tone to be as "acoustic" as possible with no effects other than the woody sound of the Mama Bear.

Here's a clip of the Easter service at Santa Barbara Courthouse Sunken Gardens put on by Calvary Chapel Santa Barbara. I'm way on the left in the shade behind keyboards. The other guitarist (electric ) is our GIT "guitar star" Kurt Dohy. He's very interested in getting an Axe. That would be cool- double Axe rigs!

www.calvarychapelsb.com/videos.php?id=255

Back
Top Bottom