Using Output 1&2 with monitors

HennyX

Hello!

I am using the AxeFX 3 as my audio interface currently. I mostly track guitar and drums, and have a Roland ekit running through the AxeFX as well. I would like to be able to set up the system to output the guitar through 1 and the drums through 2 so I can manually adjust them on the front of the unit. However, my KRK Rokits will not play audio through both XLR and the 1/4 inch inputs. I could just route everything through output 1, but it makes it extremely tedious to record into Ableton doing so.

Is there a way to do this? Maybe using 1/4 splitters? Or am I better off running the AFX through a separate audio interface?

Cheers

Do you have the signals routed to OUT 1 and OUT 2 blocks on the grid in your presets and both front panel Out knobs turned up?

Yes I do. The monitors I’m using seem to refuse to playback both at the same time, since the cables are different

You might need a small external mixer to combine the two if the monitors can't use both inputs at the same time. You'd then use the mixer to control your levels between the guitar and drums.

Yeah, many monitors work like that. You could use a mixer block and use performance controls to mix the guitar and drums, then create a mixed output from the grid for monitoring.

Edit: But I'd probably do as Mr Fender suggests and just use a mixer.

Back
Top Bottom