Using MFC-101 on a dry signal?

tabqwerty

Inspired
Is it (or any other MIDI controller) able to manipulate changing channels, effects, or use expression pedals while recording with a dry signal?

I don't understand. If you're using effects, it's not a dry signal. If you mean, can a dry signal be recorded while listening to a wet signal and changing channels, using effects and expression pedals on the MFC - the answer is yes.

Not just listening, I mean the end result.

I'm asking this: can you 1: run a track with a dry signal, 2: then control the signal's wah, etc., 3: will / can it be saved into the recording that you can alter, or does it have to be a wet signal in order to do that?... meaning if you're looking to reamp and use expression pedals at the same time, would the MIDI controls even do anything to the dry recording?

I think what the OP is asking is if you can "record" the MIDI events for expression pedals and effects toggling. That should be doable.

I don't have an Axe-FX II yet so I don't exactly how to configure this but you'd need to add a MIDI track in your DAW set to receive messages from the Axe-FX MIDI out/thru. For playback you'd have to send the recorded MIDI data to the Axe-FX.

Hopefully somebody that has done this can explain it or try it out.

NOT on same track. DAW require they be separate. Set midi track to send sysex on Ch 1. Axe should react.

Back
Top Bottom