Using Latching Stand-In Switches

bread

Power User
I'm going to use a stand in switch so that when pressed, it enables a filter to act as a boost. I've currently got it configured as a latching switch so that the light on the stand-in switch stays on so I know the boost is enabled. I don't like momentary because once pressed, the light on the switch goes out and I don't know what the status is of the block (sometimes its not that audible on in-ear monitors at lower volumes).

The question is, am I doing anything weird to the processing in the Axe FX by permanently sending a signal to enable the block or is this perfectly OK ?

Thanks in advance.

Watch out for hold functions. If your switch stays on for long periods, you’ll trigger any underlying hold function assigned to that switch.

Watch out for hold functions. If your switch stays on for long periods, you’ll trigger any underlying hold function assigned to that switch.

Thanks Rex - great point !

I don't have any hold functions on those blocks

You're not "permanently sending" anything. Only the change is acted on, and the Axe-Fx is always scanning no matter what type of switch you use.

I posted a wish once for having stand in or control switch status displayed on the FC units as an option. I got crickets. Seemed like it would be useful to me.

Thanks Matt that's brilliant.
If you are achieving latching action with the switch itself, you will want to set the switch up as "momentary" in the settings, or you will end uo having to step on it twice to turn the effect on, and twice to turn it back off....

If you are achieving latching action with the switch itself, you will want to set the switch up as "momentary" in the settings, or you will end uo having to step on it twice to turn the effect on, and twice to turn it back off....

I don't think I can set the switch to momentary, I only have options for "Follow Hardware" and "Normally Closed / Momentary Break" and "Normally Open / Momentary Make", so I can't get this to work the way I want.

I have lights on the switch that I want to stay on while the block is engaged and go off when the block is disengaged. This only happens now if I step on the switch twice now.

Any idea please ?

I don't think I can set the switch to momentary, I only have options for "Follow Hardware" and "Normally Closed / Momentary Break" and "Normally Open / Momentary Make", so I can't get this to work the way I want.

I have lights on the switch that I want to stay on while the block is engaged and go off when the block is disengaged. This only happens now if I step on the switch twice now.

Any idea please ?

Yeah, sorry, forgot that in the global set-up pane for those, the terminology is different.

"Follow Hardware" for sure, then test the switch to see which of "Normally Closed / Momentary Break" and "Normally Open / Momentary Make" follows the state of your light as you'd like.

Yeah, sorry, forgot that in the global set-up pane for those, the terminology is different.

"Follow Hardware" for sure, then test the switch to see which of "Normally Closed / Momentary Break" and "Normally Open / Momentary Make" follows the state of your light as you'd like.

Thanks for the reply, Joe,

This used to work perfectly on previous firmware but now I can't get this working without having to repeatedly press the switches multiple times to engage / disengage the block :(

Maybe there is another setting somewhere I have overlooked.

Thanks for the reply, Joe,

This used to work perfectly on previous firmware but now I can't get this working without having to repeatedly press the switches multiple times to engage / disengage the block :(

Maybe there is another setting somewhere I have overlooked.
Are you using an Effect Bypass switch, or a Control Switch attached to the bypass button? The latter route may be easier to get working....

Back
Top Bottom