Using FM3 in Reaper

If you want to process the dry signal with plug ins just select the usb 3/4 as your input source in the track

You have to put the record on your track and hit the monitor button next to record.:)

Last edited:
It took me a little bit to figure it out, so hopefully with will save you some time!

-Download the necessary drivers from Fractal
  • Select options then preferences (if the below screen doesn't automatically come up
  • Select options as shown below. Default is not ASIO, and default last track is IN 2. this works, but you cant get the direct signal at the same time unless you set 4 inputs. You will need 4 outputs for re-amping too I believe.

Reaper Configuration.PNG

Right click over in the left side
  • Select "Insert new track"
  • Do this 4 times and setup inputs 1-4 (if you want all of them)
  • Click the little red button to arm the tracks you want to be able to record.
  • At this point you should see signal coming in from the FM3
  • If you click the main record button it will begin recording (might be good to turn on the metronome and set the correct tempo first)
Reaper Add tracks and arm.PNG

The below window shows an optional change:
  • REAPER allows tons of flexible routing options and you can easily access them as shown below:
  • Options -> Layouts -> Track Panel -> B

Reaper Track Layout.PNG

For re-amping:
  • Click the routing button that you setup in the previous step
  • Click add new hardware output
  • Select Out 3
  • Follow FM3 manual for re-amping setup on the FM3

Reaper Re-amp Routing.PNG

I am just using Reaper as a DAW to load Amplitube, but I still hear the clean dry direct signal along with sound coming from Amplitube. How do I get rid of the clean signal?

I am just using Reaper as a DAW to load Amplitube, but I still hear the clean dry direct signal along with sound coming from Amplitube. How do I get rid of the clean signal?
Did you ever figure this out?

Its driving me insane and I feel dumb....

I would really like to know.
Its driving me insane as well...
I posted asking. When i get it working i will return.

Set the output mode in the I/O menu to Mute. That mutes the live audio feed so you only hear the USB monitoring input.

Using reaper ,you choose fm3 as audio, in reaper when you are using a track ,hit the fx button ,will bring up you to your plugins

Back
Top Bottom