Using CLRs with a separate sub

To keep things simple, I'm running the board's stereo outputs into the EV sub and from the sub into both CLRs. No additional equipment.

When I set the SUB switches on the CLRs to "off" (full-range), the lows sound a little bit more congested, with increased ear fatigue. The phase switch setting is not important here.

So I keep them "on", enabling their high-pass filters, and it's working perfectly fine. I'm not missing any frequencies with this configuration and the sound is so clear.

And man, this 2xCLR+Sub combination is loud! I can't even get the CLRs or the Sub to clip.

P.S. Wouldn't it be great to have double-duty P.A. enclosures, with front and rear speakers? The front would fill the room, and the rear would be the monitor. :)

Forum member Levi Peto runs a pair of CLR's at home along with a nice sub.. I forget the brand but it's a nice one. Playing through that setup with the sub filling in the low end subtly is really fun. He'll reach over and turn it off for a second and it's a stark difference when you bounce between off/on. Makes playing through the CLR's feel a bit more like playing through a good 4x12 rig.

Forum member Levi Peto runs a pair of CLR's at home along with a nice sub.. I forget the brand but it's a nice one. Playing through that setup with the sub filling in the low end subtly is really fun. He'll reach over and turn it off for a second and it's a stark difference when you bounce between off/on. Makes playing through the CLR's feel a bit more like playing through a good 4x12 rig.

It's a Turbosound iQ18B

I use an X32 feeding the sub with a separate channel from the CLRs, This Way I have better control over the sub's content without modifying what comes through the CLRs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom