Using axe fx 2 to record my tube amps?

O1111

Hey guys,

I was curious if I could use my Axe FX II as a cab+ mic simulator? What I mean is that I want to be able to record from my amp heads without having to use a traditional Mic+ cab setup due to issues with apartment acoustics and noise.

Is it possible to say, plug my tube amp heads into the Axe FX to use the cabinet and mic presets?

If anyone could help me out it would be very much appreciated!

@Hubertus

Thank you my good sir! I was looking at getting a Two Notes Torpedo Reload to use as a cab sim. Would my axe fx 2 + a load box be essentially the same thing? Meaning it would be overkill to buy both?

I’d get the torpedo for that use. You need some sort of load box or you’ll cook your trannies. Torpedo just sounds better than fractal IRs in that situation.

This is exactly how I am using my Axe FX 2 XL+ at the moment. I have my friedman BE100 connected to a Suhr Reactive Load. Line out of the reactive load to the rear input of the XL+. Then XLR out to front of house. Works amazing. Prior to that setup I used a Torpedo Cab with a TimeLine and BigSky with the BE100 and SRL. That was great too. But the XL+, for me offers a lot more EQ sculpting than the TC did.

Back
Top Bottom