Using Aggregate Devices

Anyone successfully pair an 11R and AxeFxII as an aggregate device? Looking to track two guitars simultaneously with both units, each capturing the wet and dry tracks.

If that's a tall order would I be better off with two of the same modeler, or a single interface?

Aggregation in OS X, as of 10.7.3, is not supported. Don't do it. When 10.7.4 drops it may work better with the updated CoreAudio components.

Could you not just use one Axe-Fx but have two signal paths through it? Pan one left, one right and now you can track two guitars at one with it.

If you have the money though, a second Axe-Fx II is never a bad thing IMO. :)

I'm still on 10.6.8 with a MBP. Don't have an AxeFx (yet) and am trying to figure out how I would integrate it. Sounds like trouble trying to process two instruments with one unit.

It's not the biggest deal, but I would be cool to be able to do it. If anyone has any other thoughts let me know.

Wile I don't have the 11R I know that using my 002 with my Axe II as an aggregate is not possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kind of stinks, so the only way to accomplish simultaneous use of these units to one DAW would be to run the analog outs to an interface then? I'm no computer magician, so I'm not sure if I'm asking too much. Bottom line is I'd just like to be able to rework amp sounds using re-amping of both guitars recorded live.

Kind of stinks, so the only way to accomplish simultaneous use of these units to one DAW would be to run the analog outs to an interface then?
Pretty much true, yes.

I'm no computer magician, so I'm not sure if I'm asking too much. Bottom line is I'd just like to be able to rework amp sounds using re-amping of both guitars recorded live.
There's a bunch of ways to do this so don't fret too much.

One option is to switch your DAWs in/out to the Axe-Fx when you track and reamp guitars. And then back to your 11R for everything else. The other option is to record the Axe-Fx's analog or SPDIF or AES outputs. You could also route a clean signal to Output 2 and record that in parallel to the effected Output 1 -- this would give you the clean track you'd need for reamping. When you want to reamp: switch to the Axe-Fx as in/out again.

The other option is to record the Axe-Fx's analog or SPDIF or AES outputs. You could also route a clean signal to Output 2 and record that in parallel to the effected Output 1 -- this would give you the clean track you'd need for reamping. When you want to reamp: switch to the Axe-Fx as in/out again.

With this method is there an interface that will take two SPDIF or AES inputs at the same time? So I would basically be using the Axe and 11R as "preamps" simultaneously feeding two tracks per unit to one interface for the recording? Only reason I'm asking is I would prefer not to go through a bunch of A/D convertors with the analog signals.

With this method is there an interface that will take two SPDIF or AES inputs at the same time? So I would basically be using the Axe and 11R as "preamps" simultaneously feeding two tracks per unit to one interface for the recording? Only reason I'm asking is I would prefer not to go through a bunch of A/D convertors with the analog signals.

Like this? RME: Hammerfall DSP AES-32

There's more out there. That was just what came to mind quickly.

Back
Top Bottom