Using a Midi Controller + AXE FX II as a stompbox 'like' system.

ggarriso

So I have a Rocktron Velocity 300 + relevant cables + Bogner OS 2x12 cab sitting here.. waiting.. lying in wait.. holding their horses until my spot on the List comes up.. Around 60 last time I checked but I know several ahead already jumped the list (however that may not affect anything as they may very well likely still get their coupon).

My question as an AXE FX rookie is can you set things up such that your controller acts as more of a stompbox system (enabling/disabling individual effects) rather than switching between entire created patches? Or some combination of the two - would love to be able to just click on a "Streets" patch when the time comes.

Check the manual, but I believe you can assign as many buttons as you want to be full patches, and the remaining ones can be assigned to turn effects on and off. I believe (but am not completely sure) that you'd only be able to switch on and off effects that are in the patch you currently have selected. I'm a bit of a MIDI newb though, so you should probably check the manual.

Different midi footswitches can be configured in different ways. Most should be able to handle what you want with both stompbox and patches for certain switches. For example the rocktron all access can go row by row so that either 1,5,10, or all 15 switches are set up for either patch or stompbox use. some foot controllers are more configurable than others. You'll have to do some research on your own to figure out which one you need to accomplish your goals.

Note: If you mentioned you already have a foot controller sorry, but I didn't see it.

Thanks all for the responses - sounds like AXE FX II is clearly capable and I just need to make sure I get the right controller which will end up as a MFC .. bingo.. TY to all

Back
Top Bottom