User Reviews of ATOMIC FRs

Tricki said:
Are there people who used guitar cabs before they switched to the FRATOMICS?

Until now I was not very happy using the Axe with cheaper FR-Solutions or the older Atomics, but I love it with my closed 2x12 cab (v30 & Greenback), playing Classic Rock most of the time.
I use to use a Genz Benz 212 (Gflex) and a Mesa Stereo 2:100.

Tricki said:
Until now I was not very happy using the Axe with cheaper FR-Solutions or the older Atomics, but I love it with my closed 2x12 cab (v30 & Greenback), playing Classic Rock most of the time.

I currently have the older Reactor 112 50-watt. And yes, I understand it would not be an apples-to-apples comparison, but has anyone switched from the older Reactor to the current FRFR Reactor? Reactions?

I dig the whole Reactor concept, and I think I get very good sound our of my old Reactor, but I sure would love an "amp" solution that lets me use the full range of the AxeFx.

I have the old reactor and the fratomic, if you like the sound through the old atomic then you will probably love it through the fratomic as the cab sims dont clash with the actual cab as much. Im still not 100% happy with the atomic thou, I would like to try the power amp real cab way too

matt_rob324 said:
mitch236 said:
I currently have the older Reactor 112 50-watt. And yes, I understand it would not be an apples-to-apples comparison, but has anyone switched from the older Reactor to the current FRFR Reactor? Reactions?

I dig the whole Reactor concept, and I think I get very good sound our of my old Reactor, but I sure would love an "amp" solution that lets me use the full range of the AxeFx.

I have the old reactor and the fratomic, if you like the sound through the old atomic then you will probably love it through the fratomic as the cab sims dont clash with the actual cab as much. Im still not 100% happy with the atomic thou, I would like to try the power amp real cab way too

I think you quoted someone else with my name!!!!

Oops, now we're really off track!!!

Well, I should get my Fratomic today and now with the new firmware, I should be busy all night!!!!

mitch236 said:
Oops, now we're really off track!!!

Well, I should get my Fratomic today and now with the new firmware, I should be busy all night!!!!

Share your thoughts, Mitch, after your all night session. I can feel the GAS building right now. . . .

mitch236 said:
matt_rob324 said:
mitch236 said:

I think you quoted someone else with my name!!!!

Oops! Sorry about that :oops:

I just posted my comparison between the 12ma and the Atomic in another thread but I have a question about two things. One is the squealing. Has anyone figured this out? The other question is about getting a rolling bag. Its just a little big for the standard Gator cases.

Fratomic and low end flub, lack of volume....all seemingly cab related. I noticed that the Brit 4x12 didn't experience this issue as much as the V30 so I bought the red Wirez cabs. Wow! I'm getting TON's of clarity and now volume with the 1960B cab. Very well done Red Wirez guys! I don't think you can go wrong for $9.99.

mitch236 said:
I just posted my comparison between the 12ma and the Atomic in another thread but I have a question about two things. One is the squealing. Has anyone figured this out? The other question is about getting a rolling bag. Its just a little big for the standard Gator cases.

I had some squealing on one patch only, and it was a high-gain strat patch. I was able to dial it out, and found the patch sounded MUCH better after this. I think the Fratomic is revealing some of these tonal characteristics I had not noticed before.

Kevin

KG MD said:
I had some squealing on one patch only, and it was a high-gain strat patch. I was able to dial it out, and found the patch sounded MUCH better after this. I think the Fratomic is revealing some of these tonal characteristics I had not noticed before.

Kevin

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: You got it. That has been my experience so far with the Reactor FR. I've not encountered any squealing- but i am not a high gain player. I was getting some anomalies way down low, but after A/B'ing the Reactor Fr with my previous FRFR- the frequencies occurred in the the other monitor but were....restricted for lack of a better word.
What I am finding is that the Reactor FR is really letting you hear everything- good and/or bad.
It's made me pay a bit more attention to detail within my patches...not such a bad thing, the end result is an amazing sounding rig.

On vacation with my family at Disney Land... I really didn't think I'd be playing guitars this weekend, but I had a little unexpected non-disney time to my self. Family at Disney, me at hotel, car out front. Wait, isn't Tone Merchants in the OC? What? Iphone says it's only 13 minutes away? (Sound of squealing tires). 20 minutes later I'm playing a bunch of beautiful Suhrs through an Ultra hooked up a pair of Atomics :)

The things that struck me were:

How much more bassy & full they sounded (I'm using studio monitors & a subwoofer, and power-amp/cab)
How different all the amps sounded than what I'm used to (some better, some worse)
How much it sounded like a real guitar amp in the room (not 100% but much more so)
How much more sensitive the rig was to the guitar I was playing. I could really hear the nuances distinctly.
How much more sustain & resonance there was.

All in all, it was a killer (unexpected) afternoon. Tone Merchants is great - the most comfortable guitar place I've ever been in. I want a pair of Fratomics, and a Basswood Suhr standard with a vulcanized maple neck and Aldrich PUs :)

funkle said:
On vacation with my family at Disney Land... I really didn't think I'd be playing guitars this weekend, but I had a little unexpected non-disney time to my self. Family at Disney, me at hotel, car out front. Wait, isn't Tone Merchants in the OC? What? Iphone says it's only 13 minutes away? (Sound of squealing tires). 20 minutes later I'm playing a bunch of beautiful Suhrs through an Ultra hooked up a pair of Atomics :)

The things that struck me were:

How much more bassy & full they sounded (I'm using studio monitors & a subwoofer, and power-amp/cab)
How different all the amps sounded than what I'm used to (some better, some worse)
How much it sounded like a real guitar amp in the room (not 100% but much more so)
How much more sensitive the rig was to the guitar I was playing. I could really hear the nuances distinctly.
How much more sustain & resonance there was.

All in all, it was a killer (unexpected) afternoon. Tone Merchants is great - the most comfortable guitar place I've ever been in. I want a pair of Fratomics, and a Basswood Suhr standard with a vulcanized maple neck and Aldrich PUs :)

Nice... The guys at Tone Merchants are top notch and have a great little place to demo and buy. If your ever in the area again you should give Wild West Guitars a shot. A nice place as well they don't carry Fractal or Atomic but have a great selection of high end amps and guitars. They also have the http://voodoolounge.org/ a killer spot to check out players that come through time to time.

Back
Top Bottom