Used Prices

redbud

Inspired
Whats up with the ridiculously high used prices of an axe 2.
Why would I want to pay 2100 for a used axe?
:lol no thank you I will wait patiently for my name to come up on the list and play my ultra.

Because they are unavailable right now, and they are going for $2,300.00 plus on ebay. By the way, I am selling mine for $2,100.00 shipped, so I guess you're talking about me. And mine is not the most expensive Axe FX II for sale on this site right now, someone is asking even more than me. For someone who doesn't want to wait, and wants to get a mint condition Axe FX II right now, they can do so. No need to rag on others because you don't agree.

You know whats awesome? You don't have to!. You can, as you say, "wait patiently for your name to come up on the list and play your ultra." If buyers are willing to pay that money for a used one available right now, then that is the price a smart seller is going to charge. And you, patient lad or lass that you are, can get a new one with the warranty and the plastic on the screen for just a few dollars more (and a short wait) and feel confident that if you ever need to sell it, you can get a great price on the used market.

Everyone wins! Yay!

Whats up with the ridiculously high used prices of an axe 2.
:lol no thank you I will wait patiently for my name to come up on the list and play my ultra.

I paid close to CAD 2700 for mine, so 2100 doesn't look that bad...

Maybe FAS is helping the used market prices stay high on purpose. There is no reason after all this time for an AXE-FX to ever be out of stock. They have been making this product for a long time and ought to have a firm handle on the supply/demand chain. By keeping them always "out of stock" they force people to the used market and prices stay high. I don't think this is a bad thing because we may all have one for sale at some point, like say when the III comes out!

Maybe FAS is helping the used market prices stay high on purpose.
That's not in FAS' interests at all and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
There is no reason after all this time for an AXE-FX to ever be out of stock. They have been making this product for a long time and ought to have a firm handle on the supply/demand chain. By keeping them always "out of stock" they force people to the used market and prices stay high. I don't think this is a bad thing because we may all have one for sale at some point, like say when the III comes out!
This is a fallacious statement. They are a small manufacturer, making a fairly niche and complicated product entirely in the USA. This is not the stuff that high volume supply chains are made of. If they could keep that store stocked, they would. I have no doubt about that.

That's not in FAS' interests at all and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

This is a fallacious statement. They are a small manufacturer, making a fairly niche and complicated product entirely in the USA. This is not the stuff that high volume supply chains are made of. If they could keep that store stocked, they would. I have no doubt about that.

Spoken like someone who has never been in business

Maybe FAS is helping the used market prices stay high on purpose. There is no reason after all this time for an AXE-FX to ever be out of stock. They have been making this product for a long time and ought to have a firm handle on the supply/demand chain. By keeping them always "out of stock" they force people to the used market and prices stay high. I don't think this is a bad thing because we may all have one for sale at some point, like say when the III comes out!

And we were never on the moon.

Spoken like someone who doesn't have a clue about how FAS runs their business.

There's some more discussion on this topic here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-axe-fx-availability-why-still-wait-list.html

Forum member randyman made an interesting comment there:
It appears that in order to remain as efficient and cost-effective as possible, they're consciously using what's called a Just-In-Time production philosophy. Quoting Wikipedia: "Just in time (JIT) is a production strategy that strives to improve a business' return on investment by reducing in-process inventory and associated carrying costs." Here's the full article: Just in time (business) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just find it amusing how people complain and QQ when they have to wait for something in this age of entitlement and instant gratification.

No one is forcing anyone to pay more used than if you bought new. Learn some patience.

Back
Top Bottom