Used Local Deal; Worth it?

There’s a local guy near my house that selling an AxeFx III Mk2 (non turbo) for $1750. He’s the original owner. No box.

Might take a chance.

This would be my first foray into the Fractal-verse. I’m really excited to try it out, but with the Turbo on sale right now not sure the price is good. I was originally looking at the FM3 to replace the QC I’m DUMPING, haha.

Thanks,
Chris
here is an fc-12
https://dayton.craigslist.org/msg/d/fairborn-fractal-audio-systems-fc-12/7689173809.html

$1750 was already as good deal. $1700 is even better. You rarely see them below 2k on Reverb when I had them in my feed.

If a box and a warranty are deal breakers you have no option but to buy new. Box I could care less about, and since they will service your unit anyways if it even needed it. I paid $1900 for mine it was the lowest price I had seen in about three months of watching. Worth every penny.

These are tough built, world class touring machines… I’m sure its being “used” is a non-factor from a reliability and longevity point. The price is going to save you a reasonable chunk, and if that’s enough for you, jump on it. If not, go for a new one, or even get an FM9 Turbo brand new for about the same money. You’ve only got varying degrees of good options here.

I have a non-turbo and can do all that I need it to do.
I second this. Unless you are needing a grandiose preset, the non turbo will suit the needs. I’ve had no regrets or second thoughts about my decision concerning a non turbo purchase. Just my $.02

To the OP, It really depends on what you need to do with it. If your looking to get your feet wet in the FAS universe and are worried about spending the money buy as inexpensive as you can plain and simple. My guess is it will deliver more than you will ever need.

I find that I get everything I need from the FM9 and I have some kitchen sink presets and rarely do I find myself wishing I had bought a Turbo or Axe FX III.

Back
Top Bottom