Use DynaCab workflow on any IR (video)

Nice idea. Being that I never mic'd a speaker before in my life this is all a learning experience for me with tons of trial and error. Interesting that you move the mic's so far away from the speaker. Maybe this is what I need to do so my Dyna Cabs more sound (in the room) and open as opposed to direct on shrilly when turned up to higher volumes.

Nice idea. Being that I never mic'd a speaker before in my life this is all a learning experience for me with tons of trial and error. Interesting that you move the mic's so far away from the speaker. Maybe this is what I need to do so my Dyna Cabs more sound (in the room) and open as opposed to direct on shrilly when turned up to higher volumes.
I just used my ears, not so far ^^
I think live musicians put the mics close to the cabs primarily for a better snr and less larsen

Interesting but not quite the same. I think you can improve your process:

1. Start with a mic position that you think looks like what the original IR may have been. Most factory IRs are around the edge of the dustcap at about 1". In other words, let the source share more of that natural sizzle and proximity.

2. Use live mode instead of off line.

3. Play the tone match boogie: chromatic chords up the neck.

1. Start with a mic position that you think looks like what the original IR may have been. Most factory IRs are around the edge of the dustcap at about 1". In other words, let the source share more of that natural sizzle and proximity.

I've never been clear on what exactly the difference between these is.

Recording that into a looper block is a good way to make sure the reference and local get the same thing played into them.

Will try the live mode asap
For the original mic position i absolutely have no idea how it was shot, it's a mix of irs sold by a dead company ...

I've never been clear on what exactly the difference between these is.

Recording that into a looper block is a good way to make sure the reference and local get the same thing played into them.
Here they get the same source signal so i'm also sure

OK I'm officially stoopid.
Can someone explain to me, in words, the steps being taken here, and how/why they accomplish what?
There's no way post processing after the fact can "re"-create the tones that speaker would have with different mic positions and distances.

OK I'm officially stoopid.
Can someone explain to me, in words, the steps being taken here, and how/why they accomplish what?
There's no way post processing after the fact can "re"-create the tones that speaker would have with different mic positions and distances.
If I follow it correctly it appears he uses the tone match block to get a dyna cab to sound close to a legacy IR and the turns off the legacy ir and uses the mic position capabilities of the dyna cab block to approximate what it would be like moving the mic on the legacy cab.

Back
Top Bottom