Use an external MIDI device to transmit MIDI Clock (as Clock Source) to the MIDI IN of the FX8.

Jurek

What you need to do to run the procedure:
Use an external MIDI device to transmit MIDI Clock (as Clock Source) to the MIDI IN of the FX8 (FW3.0)?

If you connect a device that is transmitting MIDI Clock, the FX8 will automatically sync to it.

This can either be done with a hardware clock going into the MIDI IN jack, or via software (like Mainstage or Ableton Live) via the USB connection.

Delay times, LFOs, etc need to be set to a tempo subdivision, same as if you were syncing them with the internal tap tempo.

If you connect a device that is transmitting MIDI Clock, the FX8 will automatically sync to it.

This can either be done with a hardware clock going into the MIDI IN jack, or via software (like Mainstage or Ableton Live) via the USB connection.

Delay times, LFOs, etc need to be set to a tempo subdivision, same as if you were syncing them with the internal tap tempo.

I would use my Alesis SR16 as a source of MIDI clock to be able to record guitar in his rhythm on the looper.

I would use my Alesis SR16 as a source of MIDI clock to be able to record guitar in his rhythm on the looper.

That will work. Just connect a 5-pin MIDI cable from the SR16 MIDI Out port to the AX8 MIDI In.

On the SR16, the manual says you'll need to go MIDI Setup and turn "CLOCKOUT" to "On".

On the AX8, you won't need to do anything, it will start syncing as soon as it sees MIDI clock signal.

That will work. Just connect a 5-pin MIDI cable from the SR16 MIDI Out port to the AX8 MIDI In.

On the SR16, the manual says you'll need to go MIDI Setup and turn "CLOCKOUT" to "On".

On the AX8, you won't need to do anything, it will start syncing as soon as it sees MIDI clock signal.

OK thanks. I will check it right away

I just noticed you mentioned you'll be using the AX8 looper. You will also want to go into the Looper page 2 (select the Looper block, tap EDIT, then PAGE). On that page you'll see a QUANTIZE parameter, which you should set to anything other than "off". That will quantize the loop length to the nearest subdivision of your choice.

FX8 actually reacts and pace comes closer the Alesis SR16, but something here "lame": audio and rhythm do not go synchronously. Of course QUANTIZE parameter = Quarter
Recording only a metronome goes only initially equally. Precisely for this reason I used Drumcomputer, I thought that something will help. What to do? This is probably the soft bug.
For many years, have gathered experience with a variety of loopers: JAMMAN Lexicon, Akai, Repeater, Boss and so on. So the cause can not be my imprecise playing.

How do you let the midi clock adjust the preset time? is there a setting that needs to be enabled or disabled?

@Jurek. for me it syncs well for awhile (never tried beyond a minute or so), in my case getting a reliable clock beat from ableton over USB. However, my guess is that it can go out of sync faster on less reliable connections. I don’t believe it does any fancy compensation for clock increases or decreases that some loopers do, so for example if your tempo changes even subtle amounts it will go out of sync eventually. I did a quick test recording at 60 bpm, then changed to 60.1 and it slowly came out of sync. I do all my looping in computer or Digitech Trio so haven’t used this much.

@Bob Marton plesse explain in more detail what you are trying to do and what you’ve done. Not sure what you mean by preset time?
I'm connecting a device with a master clock and I want the tempo in the preset to adjust to the time from the Master Clock.

I'm using Band Helper and they're using what they call Midi Beat Clock but I can't get it to work. I have to go to both forums to find out what I need to do in both the Master Clock in Band Helper and the Tempo in the FX8.

There is nothing to do on FX8, if the signal is present it will use it.
Assuming you are trying to sync a delay, in the delay block, press edit,go to Page 2, scroll down to Tempo, change value to musical division you want.

There is nothing to do on FX8, if the signal is present it will use it.
Assuming you are trying to sync a delay, in the delay block, press edit,go to Page 2, scroll down to Tempo, change value to musical division you want.
It was a Band Helper issue. I had to submit a trouble case and they resolved it with a correction on a Midi setting. All is good now.

Thank You

Back
Top Bottom