Use an external footswitch for X/Y?

Shunt

Can I use an external footswitch for switching the X/Y state of specific blocks or as global "Sticky X/Y" function? If yes, how?
Couldn't find a solution in the manual, but I read a forum post here that implied that it is possible. I see how I can use the external switch as a modifier source, but I don't see where I can bind a modifier to a specific X/Y state or a global X/Y function.

Assign the pedal/switch on the I/O > Control page. Scroll to the X/Y CCs.

Hmm, is there a further step needed?

I/O -> CTRL -> I assigned EXTERNAL 2 to 108 (Drive 1 X/Y). Tried all combinations of mono cable or a TRS cable with a momentary switch (normally closed as well als normally open) or a latching switch. None worked.

/edit: When I go to I/O -> PEDAL and calibrate PEDAL2 I can see that the AX8 is reading the switch without problems.

Last edited:
Do not assign "EXTERNAL" to 108, but directly assign "PEDAL 1/2/3/4" to 108.

Do not assign "EXTERNAL" to 108, but directly assign "PEDAL 1/2/3/4" to 108.

I'm sorry, but I can't follow you here. Still learning.

On the CTRL-page I can set for "EXTERNAL" (1 to 12) the parameters Pedal 1/2/3/4, none and Midi 1 to 127. I see no "PEDAL" entries in the left column here at all.
I see the MIDI assignable actions when I scroll further down and I can set "DRIVE 1 X/Y" to "PEDAL 2" instead of "108". Is this what you meant?
This doesn't seem to work either. Also I assume that I would no longer be able to change the DRIVE 1 X/Y with my DAW via MIDI, because I'd have to replace "CC# 108" with "PEDAL 2", correct?

The only other method using an external switch, would be to use an external MIDI switch, sending CC 108.

You can only have one thing assigned to PEDAL 2. If you want DRIVE 1 X/Y assigned to PEDAL 2, make sure you don’t have anything else assigned to PEDAL 2.

For example, by default, EXTERN 2 is assigned to PEDAL 2. You’d need to switch that to NONE if you haven’t already.

Back
Top Bottom