USB monitoring output

jhsg

hi everyone

I have been reading the manual and surfing the net but can't find an answer to this one...

I am running my AxeFx into a power amp / quad box. I want to wire up a set of FRFR monitors to the output 2 on my AxeFx and use it to monitor the Daw / audio from my computer coming via USB.

Is there a way of running output 1 to my power amp with no audio from Usb while running audio from usb on output 2?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks again.

Hi,
on main panel press [IO], then select [AUDIO] page, scroll down to [USB/DIGI OUT SOURCE]. Here we have three options: OUTPUT1, OUTPUT2 and INPUT. Select OUTPUT2.

Thanks for the response.

I've done that and the usb audio is going through my output 1 (power amp / quad box).

See attached pics of my IO menu. Even though it's assigned to output 2 the usb is coming through output 1 and i cannot hear anything through output 2.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 10
Hmmm,
if USB out is hardwired only to OUT1, then use OUT2 for amp&cab setup and OUT1 for monitoring. You should change preset settings accordingly (use FX Loop block at the end of signal chain to send output to OUT2).

Yeah swap them. Send the guitar signal to Output 2 using the FX Loop block and don't connect it to the grid output block.

Thanks.. I'll give it a go.

Do both outputs sound exactly the same? I read somewhere that the output 1 has more output or something along those lines?

Output 1 has balanced XLR outputs available, while Output 2 is only 1/4". Other than that, I don't think there's any difference.

Problem solved!!

Had to do the following:

- terminate with a fx block to isolate guitar on out2
- change USB / digi out source (IO menu) to out2.
- mix USB return level to balance.

Now I have guitar only going into my power amp and the daw / audio from USB coming through out1.

Only took me 4 hours to work it out but I learnt heaps about the AxeFx on the journey! ;)

Thanks everyone for your help.

Back
Top Bottom