USB HELP, PLEASE. Can't connect with any app. USB Reset?

Philip34

Experienced
I was backing up my AX8 through Fractal Bot, when the usb cable was unplugged. Obviously, the backup was interrupted, but my worry is that I can't connect to my Macbook via any app (AX8-Edit, Fractool, Fractal Bot).

Is there a "reset" for the AX8's usb or my computer's usb that will fix this without losing my presets?

If the AX8 still works and the only problem is USB connection, try a different USB cable or port. How did it get unplugged, by tripping? It's possible there was physical damage to the AX8 port, the Mac port, or both.

AX8 still works

Tried a different cable and different port- no dice.

Cable was pulled out by accident- nothing physically damaged.

I was in the middle of backing up all banks of my AX8 onto my Mac (~12% finished), when the cable got pulled by mistake.

Is a "hard reset" possible or do I have a corrupted preset?

AX8 still works

Tried a different cable and different port- no dice.

Cable was pulled out by accident- nothing physically damaged.

I was in the middle of backing up all banks of my AX8 onto my Mac (~12% finished), when the cable got pulled by mistake.

Is a "hard reset" possible or do I have a corrupted preset?
While anything is possible, I can not think of a reason why backing up your presets would alter them in any way. You should be able to power cycle the AX8 without loss of data.

Did you try rebooting your computer as well? Sometimes I can't get Edit to connect but rebooting my Mac solves the problem (likely by clearing memory or caching or whatever goes on under the hood...)

Back
Top Bottom