USB firmware for FM3

I know there has been some updates on the axe3 regarding asio/usb firmware to solve numerous issues such as recording offset etc
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/usb-firmware-v-1-14-release.185295/

Just wondering when those improvements are going to come over as the drivers are not suitable for recording and I have to rely on other devices for recording and playback.
What exactly is the problem? I know many who have no issues recording direct from the FM3.

What exactly is the problem? I know many who have no issues recording direct from the FM3.
general playback with DAW is stuttering when used with VST virtual instruments (such as Superior drummer) - changing to higher buffer thank 128 actually makes it worse.
Recorded takes are offset which result in lag - in DAWs you can set a manual offset however it is not reliable. Axe 3 has had improvements with this but not sure if fully resolved.
Again I have 2 other devices which work fine.

general playback with DAW is stuttering when used with VST virtual instruments (such as Superior drummer) - changing to higher buffer thank 128 actually makes it worse.
Recorded takes are offset which result in lag - in DAWs you can set a manual offset however it is not reliable. Axe 3 has had improvements with this but not sure if fully resolved.
Again I have 2 other devices which work fine.
  • What OS and version?
  • What USB driver version if the OS is Windows?
  • How much RAM and CPU is in your machine?
  • Which DAW, plugins are running, and their versions?
  • Can you duplicate the problem?
  • What devices work correctly?
  • Can you supply an audio sample demonstrating the problem?
  • Have you contacted support@fractalaudio.com about it?
Fractal has to know enough about the problem and be able to reproduce it in order to fix it.

• What OS and version?
  • What USB driver version if the OS is Windows?
  • How much RAM and CPU is in your machine?
  • Which DAW, plugins are running, and their versions?
  • Can you duplicate the problem?
  • What devices work correctly?
  • Can you supply an audio sample demonstrating the problem?
  • Have you contacted support@fractalaudio.com about it?
Fractal has to know enough about the problem and be able to reproduce it in order to fix it.
I can supply this information to support if required but it seem to me that it is already widely acknowledge that users across the product range experience recording offset issues as detailed here
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/latency-reporting-to-daw.177908/page-13

there doesn't appear to have been any forum update from amandio for about 2 months now - and that is from axe 3 perspective.

just to update on this - I eventually got round to submitting a ticket this week - and starting submitting the system files they required etc.
it occurred to me the one difference between my fm3 and running my other interfaces was is the USB port they were plugged into - I have always had the FM3 plugged into the USB 2 rather than the USB 3 - so I changed it over and the all the freezing and buffer performance issues were gone.
I even did a brief recording against Superior Drummer and there was no offset in the audio recorded and was comparable to my other devices.

I need to investigate more but it looks promising as USB3 has increased bandwidth

I need to investigate more but it looks promising as USB3 has increased bandwidth
That's possible (USB 2 vs USB 3).

It's also possible that a USB port gets screwed up and another one works better — seen it countless times. I think cos every time you connect something, the port seems to get correctly configured for that device, but this stuff can get screwed up. If I can, I leave one USB port for just one thing that is most important to me — to hopefully make sure it has just one driver configured to it. I'm not even sure this is how it works, but that's how it feels to me on Windows.

That's possible (USB 2 vs USB 3).

It's also possible that a USB port gets screwed up and another one works better — seen it countless times. I think cos every time you connect something, the port seems to get correctly configured for that device, but this stuff can get screwed up. If I can, I leave one USB port for just one thing that is most important to me — to hopefully make sure it has just one driver configured to it. I'm not even sure this is how it works, but that's how it feels to me on Windows.
yes it may not necessarily be because it is a USB3 port, I do have USB 2 ports I could try - it was just I had the light bulb moment about comparing my different devices and - my 2 other devices I plug into USB3 so thought I would try it. I could run all buffer settings no problems but I will do some more intense testing with it.

Back
Top Bottom