USB Dry/Wet signal recording HELP PLEASE

Pagliacci

Hello all. I have been struggling with trying to set up DI recording via usb both the Wet and dry signal. It is my understanding that you can record both signals without an additional piece of equipment. I am using Mixcraft 5 and when I try to edit the Device preferences I can record both signals on separate tracks simultaneously but I cant get the rest of the project to play through the speakers. All of the Mixcraft project and guitar play through the amp I have wired from out 1 and 2. When I select the axe as the input to receive the 1/2 and 3/4 signals it doesn't let me choose the speakers as the output. Anyone know what Im doing incorrectly or why this is happening?

Not sure about what role your Mixcraft plays in all of this, but simply put your Axe should present itself to your computer as two separate stereo pairs. 1&2 is the effected signal; 3&4 is the dry signal. This is all about the INPUT to your DAW. How you manage the OUTPUT is your choice.

That seems to be this main issue I'm having. When I select the axe fx as the input it gives me only one option for output in the DAW it is automatically sending to signal 1/2

The Axe-fx only has one set of stereo outs via USB. Mute the Axe-fx tracks that are being recorded, you will still here the amp modelling and effects through the Axe-fx itself. The signal will still get recorded even though it is muted.

Thanks for the replies. I tried what you said and I still can't get the rest of the project (drums,bass,ect) to stop playing through my guitar amp. Im going to try this out on Garage band and see if I get any different results.

That might be because you have selected usb as input source in the axe fx in/out meny.
Select front input instead for example.

Thanks for the replies. I tried what you said and I still can't get the rest of the project (drums,bass,ect) to stop playing through my guitar amp. Im going to try this out on Garage band and see if I get any different results.

Back
Top Bottom