USB Audio to Output 2?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Is there any way to get USB audio to Output 2?

I use Output 1 for sending to my IEM rig or FOH and Output 2 feeds my Matrix amp and Xitone wedges.

I'd like to be able to playback audio from my computer over USB and play along on my wedges...

I can get it working on Output 1 with no problem, so I know the audio is getting there.

I've got Output 2 set to "echo Output 1".

Is this possible?

Thanks

Kevin

Only if you set Main Input Source = USB and use Input 2 for guitar.

Are you using both sets of Out 1 jacks (XLR & 1/4") already? If not, it would probably be easier to do that.

Another option is SPDIF/AES to anything that can act as a DA converter, like an interface w/ standalone mode. That would allow independent volume control (Axe Out 1 knob & interface/converter volume knob).

Only if you set Main Input Source = USB and use Input 2 for guitar.

Are you using both sets of Out 1 jacks (XLR & 1/4") already? If not, it would probably be easier to do that.

Another option is SPDIF/AES to anything that can act as a DA converter, like an interface w/ standalone mode. That would allow independent volume control (Axe Out 1 knob & interface/converter volume knob).
I tried (for another purpose) to use Input 2 for guitar and could never get a signal. Anything special I need to setup?

I'm not using both sets of Output 1 jacks, but I prefer using separate outputs so that I have the ability to control the level of what goes to FOH separately from what goes to my wedges.

Obviously I could move some cables around to achieve what I want with Output 1, but was hoping to avoid that... I use a front rack panel so never really muck in the back of the rack :)

I tried (for another purpose) to use Input 2 for guitar and could never get a signal. Anything special I need to setup?

Each preset would need an FX Loop block, plus feedback send/return to route guitar to Out 2.

It will likely be easier to figure out a solution with Out 1. Either XLR + 1/4", or one of those plus digital out.

Each preset would need an FX Loop block, plus feedback send/return to route guitar to Out 2.

It will likely be easier to figure out a solution with Out 1. Either XLR + 1/4", or one of those plus digital out.
What do u mean in that 2nd paragraph ?

I am new to this and got my XL+ only a few months ago but only OUT 1. These answers helped me figure out there is no USB output on OUT 2. I plugged my pair of JBL 306P's via the XLR outs on Out 1of my axe fx XL+ and tried to plug my sub in on Out 2 and after 2 days of messing around ran across this forum post and got my answer. Thanks guys for being incredibly helpful this forum is essential to getting the most out of my XL+

Last edited:
The axe fx XL+ has 4 USB outputs? how would i go about setting that up. I appreciate the help and thank you in advance

edit: I just went to the link. i misread it as INPUTS 3 and 4 go to Out 2 thank you this will help indeed.

Last edited:
The axe fx XL+ has 4 USB outputs? how would i go about setting that up. I appreciate the help and thank you in advance

edit: I just went to the link. i misread it as INPUTS 3 and 4 go to Out 2 thank you this will help indeed.

Oops sorry I thought The OP was about the Axe-FX 3. Sorry for the confusion

Back
Top Bottom