USA Lead 1/2 Mid control doing VERY little?

jplebre

Inspired
Hey guys

Not sure if I'm placing this in the right place.

Been a while I thinkered with a Mesa amp. I know they are a bit of a pain and the first couple of times I actually worked with them (rectos and Marks, mainly) I was sooooo disappointed at the fact I had to break a sweat to get a good tone out of it.

I mean, most amps feel like you can dial tones easier.

Same on axe. I think the weird low end flubiness is spot on with the real thing. But the mid seems to do VERY little. And I mean turn it from 0 to 10 to hear a difference that other amps cover in 1 or 2 notches. Including recto, etc.

Maybe it's me? maybe something a bit odd?

Cheers
J

Mark series amps have the tone stack before the distortion stages. Therefore the controls don't behave like normal post-distortion tone controls. This is normal and definitely NOT a bug.

The studio lead preset (number 13) is pretty much spot on already with my Boogie Mark V, i think I tweaked the bass and treble a bit for my guitar but that was it. Like Cliff said it's pretty normal to how the mesa is haha, i just must be used to it

amen that! they are a pain in real life for sure If I keep seeing them coming through the door like I have lately I'll probably start liking them less and less.

Back
Top Bottom