Upgrade issue with 7.06

jzgtrguy

Inspired
I upgraded to 7.06 and everything sounds awful. Some of the presets sound like there is a short somewhere and only a tiny part of the signal is getting through and that sounds like I am play through a blanket, muffled. I checked the I/O and everything seems ok. I am going to reload the firmware and see what happens. If that doesn't work anyone have any suggestions?

Didn't make that huge a difference on my presets, though. Some, but not like almost no sound.

The 7.x update (from before 7.0) adds some new features in the firmware, most notably in the advanced tab of the amps. Those parameters do not have settings in presets created before 7.0. So, some of these parameters might be way off. Try resetting the amp setting to the defaults to get those parameters. First make note of the original settings.
Edit the amp and press and hold the bypass button. Third tip: http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index.php?title=Tips

Then set the controls to what you had before.

I upgraded from 7.05. I am an early adopter. I get on the new program right away.

Thanks Dutch. I'll give those a go.

jzgtrguy said:
I upgraded to 7.06 and everything sounds awful. Some of the presets sound like there is a short somewhere and only a tiny part of the signal is getting through and that sounds like I am play through a blanket, muffled. I checked the I/O and everything seems ok. I am going to reload the firmware and see what happens. If that doesn't work anyone have any suggestions?
I had this same exact issue.

I upgraded from 6.02 to 7.06 and got the muffled sound as well, but I remembered reading a note from Cliff about the new volume input setting in the I/O menu. By default it's set to "pedal 2" and you'll have to set it to "none" or "pedal 1" if you don't hear much sound, like you and I are getting.

Once I set it to "none", the volume levels came back and nice clear. Nice feature btw, now being able to control volume of the axe-fx itself, not just patches, via a controller/pedal.

Anyway, this thread was the one that I had read about the I/O setting as another user ran into the same issue.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4298

craneturtle said:
jzgtrguy said:
I had this same exact issue.

I upgraded from 6.02 to 7.06 and got the muffled sound as well, but I remembered reading a note from Cliff about the new volume input setting in the I/O menu. By default it's set to "pedal 2" and you'll have to set it to "none" or "pedal 1" if you don't hear much sound, like you and I are getting.

Once I set it to "none", the volume levels came back and nice clear. Nice feature btw, now being able to control volume of the axe-fx itself, not just patches, via a controller/pedal.

Anyway, this thread was the one that I had read about the I/O setting as another user ran into the same issue.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4298

Great I'll have to give that a try.

One thing I tried was erasing a preset. Setting all the blocks to none and then saving it. Then rebuilding the preset. Got the same thing. It is like it remembers what was there. When I drop in a drive block it goes the to block I erased exactly same with the amp, speaker cab etc. same muffled sound. It almost sounds like I have a short and hardly any signal is getting through. When I hit bypass I get clean.

Another thing I noticed is if I go to global and turn off the power amp settings it helps....???

I'll take a look at what you described above.

Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom