Updating firmware Liquid Foot Pro v2.25 Error

G'day all,

I'm trying to upgrade the firmware of my Liquid Foot Pro from 2.09 to 2.25 with no luck. (Upgrading because it's not connecting to the AXE FX 2 10.02)

I have a Mac Pro Mountain Lion machine connected via USB into a MidiMan, Midisport 2x2 then from the Out-B into the MIDI IN on the LFP.

The LFP says Firmware loading but then errors with the message:

FIRMWARE ERROR FL-100-B93C-62A2

The firmware is being sent via the Liquid Foot editor 1.10

What am I doing wrong ?

I've turned on the LFP and held the MENU to reset then tried to upgrade, I've tried different cables everything I can think of.

Thoughts ?

Tony

Last edited:
It took a while to get it connected to the editor but now that I have it wont even send the Firmware.

This is getting very confusing, very quickly !

so the in and out are correct? does the editor show connected to the LF?

I wish they would but I think Jeff is under the pump making new units right now.

contact FAMC, they can tell you what the error means.

Have you disconnected Axe Fx II? Have you unplugged it from USB? Whenever I've had problems it's because the Axe Fx is online somehow.

It took a while to get it connected to the editor but now that I have it wont even send the Firmware.

This is getting very confusing, very quickly !

I wish they would but I think Jeff is under the pump making new units right now.

you need to put in a trouble ticket on the website. It isn't just Jeff, he has help.

Jeff can't seem to post on this forum, but he emailed me. He saw your post.

He stated It is probably a corrupt file. Try to redownload the version for the PRO (make sure it is not the JR), and try again.

He also stated you could try using MIDI OX and sending the file that way.

At any rate, put in a trouble ticket, on the FAMC website.

Also, what Henry said... that has happened to me.

Thanks everyone for the help.

I downloaded MIDIOX through my Windows 7 install on my MAC and have got things working fine.

I have no idea how MAC users get around things when they fail though, it's really stressful !

When the 2.25 firmware installed I went to check the SYSEX ID and it said 067. I tried to change it to 127 and it said things like 06A or 07E etc so I had to reset the LFP with the power on MENU held technique.

That fixed it but it was a bit unnerving to see it not follow the 1-127 MIDI format.

The other thing that was scary was MIDIOX saying it had run out of memory, so I had to learn to change the Buffer memory to a lower amount 160 worked fine.

It's refreshing to know I can now continue to make music instead of pushing 1's and 0's around on my computer.

Thanks again for the help everyone (Including FAMC).

Tony

you need to put in a trouble ticket on the website. It isn't just Jeff, he has help.

Jeff can't seem to post on this forum, but he emailed me. He saw your post.

He stated It is probably a corrupt file. Try to redownload the version for the PRO (make sure it is not the JR), and try again.

He also stated you could try using MIDI OX and sending the file that way.

At any rate, put in a trouble ticket, on the FAMC website.

Also, what Henry said... that has happened to me.

Last edited:
Oh, and the other thing I forgot to mention is that I can now control my AXE-FX 2 with the patches updating on the LFP which was the problem I was facing to start with.

So I have 10.02 on the AXE-FX 2 and 2.25 on the LFP (In case anyone is reading this in 2 years time and wanted to know what I was running) ;)

Getting everything else running now should be a doddle. Tuner, EXP pedals etc.

Yaaay for technology and the ability of Human beings to make them and then conquer them !

Tony

I'm actually receiving an error myself when trying to auto load the presets. I think i have everything setup right. I have an LFP with the latest firmware and just upload 10.06 firmware for the axe fx II.

The error i get on the LFP is 01-00-000. I will contact FAMC if i have too. Any help?

After I updated mine to the lastest, I had to do a reset inside the foot controller, and then re-setup everything. It was stuck like it was in line6 mode. Try resetting it from the utility menu i believe. you will loose any settings, so you'll have to re-do everything, unless you have a backup.

Back
Top Bottom