Updated to 9.02 - Now my controller isn't communicating

Belt

I just updated to 9.02, and now my controller isn't changing patches. The midi light doesn't flash when I press buttons.

I have a Standard and a DMC ground control... not a pro.

Any ideas what might could have happened?

Thanks

Make sure the SysEX ID of the unit hasn't changed. Make sure the unit is still listening for messages on the channel your DMC pedal is transmitting on.

iaresee said:
Make sure the SysEX ID of the unit hasn't changed. Make sure the unit is still listening for messages on the channel your DMC pedal is transmitting on.

The sysex on the Axe hasn't changed. I checked the channel, and tried 3 others.

It still isn't communicating.

Should I load 9.0 again, and see if it works? Or would that not make a difference?

Belt said:
iaresee said:

The sysex on the Axe hasn't changed. I checked the channel, and tried 3 others.

It still isn't communicating.

Should I load 9.0 again, and see if it works? Or would that not make a difference?
Obvious question time: did you power cycle all the components?

You can try going back, see if that fixes stuff. Would be freaky if it did.

Ahh.

Yes I did. I upgraded at my house. Turned everything off. Took it to church. Plugged everything together. The controller wasn't communicating.

Did you try another cable? Try it with another controller or with your computer MIDI interface at home? Did you try plugging the DMC into your computer interface and using something that shows all the MIDI messages on the line to see if the DMC is actually sending data?

iaresee said:
Did you try another cable? Try it with another controller or with your computer MIDI interface at home? Did you try plugging the DMC into your computer interface and using something that shows all the MIDI messages on the line to see if the DMC is actually sending data?

This. You have to rule out the simple stuff first.

iaresee said:

I haven't tried another cable. As far as my midi interface, I have a midisport 4x4. I haven't figured out how to get the controller and the Axe Fx to connect to it, and change presets through the interface.

Through AxeEDIT, I can change via the midisport. But not DMC - Midisport - AXE.

I'll check another midi cable.

Belt said:
iaresee said:

I haven't tried another cable. As far as my midi interface, I have a midisport 4x4. I haven't figured out how to get the controller and the Axe Fx to connect to it, and change presets through the interface.

Through AxeEDIT, I can change via the midisport. But not DMC - Midisport - AXE.

I'll check another midi cable.
Try this:

Plug the DMC MIDI out into the midisport MIDI in. Run a MIDI snoop program and press buttons on the DMC while snooping the midisport's MIDI in ports. Do you see DMC-generated messages?

Now that the technical possibilities are eliminated...

A continuity test indicates a short. :oops:

Will a 7 to 5 pin phantom power the DMC ground control?

Back
Top Bottom