UPDATED FOR FW27b2 - Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp and Stereo Simul 295 Stereo: AC/DC Angus Young Live at Donington 1991 sound with AXE FX

Thank you and for the hint, too. With my Gibson 57 Classic or Burstbucker 2 it has less gain/overdrive, but with my Gibson 57 Classic Plus its too much. I tried it with Gain&Overdrive 6.60 and it's better. Which settings do you prefer? I still don't understand the difference between Gain and Overdrive. Could be the issue.

The current preset is always in the first post. I just wanted to wait for more feedback and ideas for optimization. Just reduce Gain/Overdrive in the amp to 6.60. What do you think and which IR do you prefer?

Thank you for sharing the preset and your investigation work.

I attach your preset with a variant using DynaCab 4x12 Friedman V30 (Scene 3)
Also an experiment with DynaCab 1x12 G12T-100 (Scene 2) which I like because it sounds very tight on my system, and with more tamed highs
(note: I am playing a Ibanez J-Custom with Dimarzio Satchur8)

Attachments

• ACDC Angus LiveDonington91vM.1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 75
Thank you for your support. I really think that's the way it works. Together we can get it!
I really will give it a try ... 🤘

Thank you for sharing the preset and your investigation work.

I attach your preset with a variant using DynaCab 4x12 Friedman V30 (Scene 3)
Also an experiment with DynaCab 1x12 G12T-100 (Scene 2) which I like because it sounds very tight on my system, and with more tamed highs
(note: I am playing a Ibanez J-Custom with Dimarzio Satchur8)
I tested it. I liked the Malcom preset. Great basis for more. But I didn't like the Dyna Cabs. Possibly this is also something for you:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-dc-angus-young-sound-with-axe-fx-iii.199932/

Currently my preset is too bright and has less mids. I think I need to try Dyna Cabs again. I don't want to touch the amp settings, but the EQ could still be a thing to optimize. For my plexi preset it's now better. If I find time, I will try and post it.

v2.0 2024-02-24 I switched to Dyna-Cabs, reduced the 5Band Mark Output EQ settings, added a bit of amp mids and the Schaffer Replica as wireless simulation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom