Updated AC-30TB Tone for v10.02 (w/ U2 clips)

I agree, It was Michael's site that finally made me buy the Axe in the end . You can learn a lot from the preset videos as Michael explains a lot of what hes doing . It takes a while to go through them but this has helped me have some understanding and be able to makes changes to other presets . If he does update everything using FW 10.2 It will probably take a while . He may not have the videos explaining all the settings in future probably just the preset to download . I hope I am wrong though .

I was trying to learn "Streets" a few years back when I came across his tutorial just before Christmas. Immediately returned my gift (G-System) and bought an Ultra instead (and then a II once available). His tutorials are a huge advertisement for Fractal.

Oh, are you serious Michael? I tried it on my 2 Strats (one with Fralin Vintage Hots and one with Fralin Real 54s) into Beyer Dynamic DT770Pro. And even with old strings it is so good I almost couldn't believe what I heard when I played the Pride verse chords. Or some parts from All I want is you. Incredible pick attack, clarity, balanced tone with lots of mids, the reverb and delay give a great 3d tone, or at least ambience.

Well done Cliff and Michael. I will also add that Michael O Hare and Mick from UF are the main reason I had the Ultra, and now AxeFX2.

Oh, are you serious Michael? I tried it on my 2 Strats (one with Fralin Vintage Hots and one with Fralin Real 54s) into Beyer Dynamic DT770Pro. And even with old strings it is so good I almost couldn't believe what I heard when I played the Pride verse chords. Or some parts from All I want is you. Incredible pick attack, clarity, balanced tone with lots of mids, the reverb and delay give a great 3d tone, or at least ambience.

Well done Cliff and Michael. I will also add that Michael O Hare and Mick from UF are the main reason I had the Ultra, and now AxeFX2.

Yes, well Cliff gets most of the credit for obvious reasons. My contribution is many hours of listening to clips and turning all the knobs back and forth to converge to the tone. I swear if I could retire I would work for Cliff and the team for free and help artists model their real amps. I have patience and a good ear. Wish I had better guitar skills. I have a full time job so I don't get to play enough.

I'm bummed about my video because the strings on the guitar were muffled. I replaced them with EBs and it sounds even better now. I will have guitar checked and I'll repost Bad in a few weeks. The bass notes will be much crisper.

Lesson: it's not always the Axe's fault! Makes sure your guitar is working correctly, LOL.

Hope you win the lottery or something, so you can work fulltime with amp modeling and U2 tutorials :)

Michael, do you use this AC-30TB amp block with the settings from the Pride-preset for all the AC-30 amp blocks in your U2-presets now? (IE; AIWIY, Streets, WOWY, ISHFWILF, etc..)

Hope you win the lottery or something, so you can work fulltime with amp modeling and U2 tutorials :)

Michael, do you use this AC-30TB amp block with the settings from the Pride-preset for all the AC-30 amp blocks in your U2-presets now? (IE; AIWIY, Streets, WOWY, ISHFWILF, etc..)

I'll buy a lottery ticket tonight.

Great questions. I used to have to make some slight changes to the amp model for each song, but as the modeling has improved, I've also tried to simplify. Most artists like the Edge have the amps set up in one way and they use effects, volume controls, switchers, etc. to change the tones/volumes. So I'm trying to use the same model going forward so that when I change it, it will change globally and I don't have to go back and make the same change to others. Maintaining a core tone scales better across presets. I will try to find other ways to change the volume (with mixer and volume blocks etc). And use boost blocks using the drive FET model.

The Axe is so complex and powerful, but you will drive yourself crazy trying to manage changes. No disrespect to Cliff here when I say, "at some point you have to shoot the engineer and go into production." The engineer here is me or the user of the Axe. Cliff gives us a lot of great tools, so you have to use them wisely and carefully.

In the clips in the video, the amp model was the exact same in every clip.

M

Ask and thou shall receive! Latest and greatest attached. Thank you for the kind words.

:)

View attachment 15656

UPDATE: I just unlinked the amp model, so hopefully this now works. Also, I have two cab models in the cab block. X is the one I used for the vid with the 4x10 tweed bass. But switch to Y and you will have 2x12 blue and brit together and you get very nice silky mids and a little more bass. I love this Y cab for Streets. So everyone has two great options in the cab model.

I realize this is not the thread for my next comment, but I noticed AFTER doing this video that I have a serious guitar problem. I would appreciate if anyone could email me privately with ideas on what is wrong. I have two Custom Shop Strats. I can't believe it but my favorite (in the video above) has a problem with the three bass strings (especially the A and D). This is why my tone is Bad is not as sharp as Edge's. It's not the preset but my guitar!!! The strings are muffled sounding.

Here is a clip of me playing the strings on both guitars. Note I'm not plugged in so it's not a problem with the pups. This is a setup or bridge problem. The bass notes have no resonance and they sound muffled. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? Thank you!!

that sounds like a 50yr old flat wound thats wraped in some dirty draws

Michael i have added one of the vox ac30 cabs from fractal's wellspring cab pack and it sounds awesome on all u2 presets. Just fyi

Michael i have added one of the vox ac30 cabs from fractal's wellspring cab pack and it sounds awesome on all u2 presets. Just fyi

Thx. What is the wellspring cab pack? An independent company that sells a pack for the Axe?

I just bought it, thx for the tip. Now I have to spend more time figuring out if one of these cabs is better than what I chose, LOL.

There are 3 IR mixes (to make it easy), depending on what they used for them. For example N for Nieve.

Very good tone but I prefer previous tones you got before. I´ve noticed that you don´t use anything esle to get pride tone than the ac30. What happened to the fet, the sdd, ?:roll

Very good tone but I prefer previous tones you got before. I´ve noticed that you don´t use anything esle to get pride tone than the ac30. What happened to the fet, the sdd, ?:roll

If you prefer the older tone, switch the cab to the Y block. It will be closer to the older tone (more mids). Also, just tweek the EQ page on the amp model to your liking and I think you can keep the rest the same. I only changed the amp block to show how close I could get to the IMGL clip.

The SDD3k preamp model is still in the drive block using the FET model.

M

Back
Top Bottom