Wish Update MFC-101 when bank changed on Axe-FX

BadMelonFarmer

Power User
I know this has been mentioned in threads before, but is there any way you can think of to get this functionality?

Sometimes it is easier to use the scroll wheel to get to a preset that might be work in progress or a new jam at rehearsal etc... The. You loose the ability to control the axe-Fx with the MFC's IA's and expression pedals.

If it can not be automated, could there be a long press of a button option added (like the tap tempo tuner) that forces a refresh of the axe preset from the axe to the MFC.

There is a similar feature in Axe-Edit too which is very useful.

If anyone else has any ideas on how to achieve this, please chime in.

Cheers

I don't have an MFC *yet* so I'm just curious about what you are asking. Are you saying that if you've got one preset selected via the MFC and then go to the front panel, spin the knob and select a new patch that you'd like the MFC to update to that patch? Or is it actually a bank issue?

I don't have an MFC *yet* so I'm just curious about what you are asking. Are you saying that if you've got one preset selected via the MFC and then go to the front panel, spin the knob and select a new patch that you'd like the MFC to update to that patch? Or is it actually a bank issue?

Correct, say you have bank 15 selected via the mfc and you spin the wheel on the axe to preset 17 and select preset 17.... You will get that preset.... But The MFC will still say 15.

Btw - who is the picture of on your avatar...... Been driving nuts for ages trying to remember what film / program is.

It's Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I was going to change it to Sterling Archer (from the show Archer), but I think that too many people associate it with me at this point....plus a lot of people like him and the show.

Thanks, don't recognise that, perhaps I have seen it when I have been in the US....or it just reminds me of something else......hmmmmm.

Yes. Some people want to take it a step further and have block states update as well ( cool, yes) but at this point I'd settle for just the patch updating.

Cheers.

+1 it's really frustrating that it doesn't do this by default.

Would be especially useful in the studio / initial setup environment as tap dancing is not an enjoyable past-time of mine :D

Another idea would be if you could assign a midi CC trigger and assign it to an IA switch.

Obviously would prefer it "just to happen" but if a foot press is needed.... Then so be it.

OK - This is not yet granted, but here is something that makes studio use a bit more flexible:

In the I/O tab, enable USB midi adapter. Make sure Midi Thru is OFF.
On the Edit/MIDI menu in the MFC, enable Rx Channel to 01 (or whatever you set your Axe To) and Enable Rx Program Change to ON.

When you call up a patch with Axe Edit, (not the front panel of the unit, yet) the MFC will sync up.

That's one step in the right direction! :)

Edit: It does not update anything else except PC, not state of blocks or IAs, but still its better than nothing - so far.

Last edited:
OK - This is not yet granted, but here is something that makes studio use a bit more flexible:

In the I/O tab, enable USB midi adapter. Make sure Midi Thru is OFF.
On the Edit/MIDI menu in the MFC, enable Rx Channel to 01 (or whatever you set your Axe To) and Enable Rx Program Change to ON.

When you call up a patch with Axe Edit, (not the front panel of the unit, yet) the MFC will sync up.

That's one step in the right direction! :)

Edit: It does not update anything else except PC, not state of blocks or IAs, but still its better than nothing - so far.

Ah, devilishly clever. Works great!

+1, would be fantastic to keep the MFC in-sync with both Axe-Edit or the front panel.
Frustrating to have to tap-tap-tap-tap.........

+1

Got my MFC today, love it so far, would be great if it updated as requested here.

Even as is, it is a monster step up from the Midi Mate, then Ground Control Pro I was using before. And I can signal aircraft with the LEDs... :)

Back
Top Bottom