UPDATE - 18.03 - Main gigging preset shows as clipping output

Amparkmusic

Inspired
I updated to 17.02 yesterday. Now every time I turn on my AF3, it shows that my main gigging preset is clipping like crazy. Not sure whats going on.... I've attached the preset below - it's a heavily modified version of a free preset that @fremen posted a while back. Last time I powered on the unit, I scrolled over to the "meter" version of the grid on the unit itself and it seems to show that the issue is coming out of the compressor block right before the output block. Would greatly appreciate anyone who is able to figure this out.

NOTE: when I power the unit, it seems like any preset that i open (unless it is empty) immediately causes output 1 to red line.

ALSO - this preset came with a user cab. I have updated Axe-Edit 3 to the latest version, and because i had to downgrade my unit to stop it from clipping, it won't allow me to export as a cab and preset bundle. If you are having trouble getting this preset to produce the same results, let me know and I'll post the cab too - I imagine this should be okay with @fremen as the whole preset was originally posted for free on this very forum.

TIA!

Attachments

• JUKEBOX - 80's L!.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
BUMP

I've tried working on this again with the same results. After updating to 17.02, I've tried resetting the compressor block and plugging back in the same data, still clipping. remove compressor block - still clipping in output 1 block. remove output 1 and compressor block, eliminates clipping in output 1 after reset. Plug in the compressor and output 1 block, maintains stability. reset causes clipping again. Anybody out there have a similar experience.... anybody?

This is all taking place on an Axe Fx III mkI

I have to drop back down to 16.05 yet again in order to get this preset to maintain stability. It sure would be nice to take advantage of some of the new effects that have been added, but I'm stuck in the land of the past over here....

Just to double check, since it isn't always obvious on the Axe-FX, but how are you determining that it's clipping?

Output 1 led's are lit all the way up to the red. Looking at the output 1 block in axe edit shows that left and right channels are at +10. Looking at the layout shows output 1 left and right are clipping. It can be confirmed on both the hardware and in axe edit software.

I am having issues even trying to get any sound at all. But i see the meters are clipped to the top of the red without even any sound. But when i change the output to another output (output 3) the red lining goes away. Weird.

Last edited:
I am going through my presets now and all of them are doing the same thing on output 1. The other outputs are fine. THis preset is a very simple preset too...

Attachments

• Great White - Once Bitten.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Actually... Every preset i look at has the output 1 spiking... WTF? Thats without any sound at all and not playing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 6.57.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 6.57.54 PM.png
    373.4 KB · Views: 34
I added an output 1 to this preset and it is redlining without even being hooked up to the other blocks...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 7.02.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 7.02.17 PM.png
    455 KB · Views: 33
Something has to be up with the compressor 1 and output 1 blocks since 17.02…. Not sure what’s going on but it’s driving me nuts.

Something has to be up with the compressor 1 and output 1 blocks since 17.02…. Not sure what’s going on but it’s driving me nuts.
It’s not the compressor. I don’t even have a compressor in some of my presets. Every single preset is doing this for me. All the factory presets too.

It’s just output 1. Other outputs work great.

I updated to 17.02 yesterday. Now every time I turn on my AF3, it shows that my main gigging preset is clipping like crazy. Not sure whats going on.... I've attached the preset below - it's a heavily modified version of a free preset that @fremen posted a while back. Last time I powered on the unit, I scrolled over to the "meter" version of the grid on the unit itself and it seems to show that the issue is coming out of the compressor block right before the output block. Would greatly appreciate anyone who is able to figure this out.

NOTE: when I power the unit, it seems like any preset that i open (unless it is empty) immediately causes output 1 to red line.

ALSO - this preset came with a user cab. I have updated Axe-Edit 3 to the latest version, and because i had to downgrade my unit to stop it from clipping, it won't allow me to export as a cab and preset bundle. If you are having trouble getting this preset to produce the same results, let me know and I'll post the cab too - I imagine this should be okay with @fremen as the whole preset was originally posted for free on this very forum.

TIA!

Tried the attached preset on my Axe3-mk1@17.02 - no clipping - output 1 levels as shown on the levelling tool max out around 1 or 2 db using a humbucker guitar. No red on the output lights. I see lots of modifiers on level related parameters - check those as possible culprits.

I am going through my presets now and all of them are doing the same thing on output 1. The other outputs are fine. THis preset is a very simple preset too...
Tried it - amp output seems too hot - default output for that amp at similar default settings is -12 (yours is at -7). I'd put it at -14 to have it levelling around 0 - firmware updates can cause volume differences.

Nice sounding preset - me likey

Tried it - amp output seems too hot - default output for that amp at similar default settings is -12 (yours is at -7). I'd put it at -14 to have it levelling around 0 - firmware updates can cause volume differences.

Every single preset in my axeiii is doing this. It’s very odd. Even an output 1 block not even attached to other blocks will redline. Something for sure is messed up. See above for a screenshot of that.

I have it turned up like that because I use output 3. That output needs a higher level than one.

I added the compressor because when i am on 17.02 and switch over to the metered layout display, the compressor and the output block are clipping, leading me to believe there is an issue with the compressor and output blocks.

I added the compressor because when i am on 17.02 and switch over to the metered layout display, the compressor and the output block are clipping, leading me to believe there is an issue with the compressor and output blocks.
Sounds like you have power amp modeling turned off.

Back
Top Bottom