upcomming new amps and drive pedals speculations...

dupere11497

Experienced
Well well well.... I thought it would be funny to speculate about the upcomming firmware now that we know for sure some new amps and drive pedals will be on board! Ok, we already know a 3 channel EVH amp will be included. And an Exotic AC Booster as well. Now, just for the fun of it, I'd like to know what you think are the other amp and pedal. We should know this week but until then, my guess is this. The amp? I really have no clue so I will go maybe for a Suhr Badger because Cliff once said on this forum he had a good relation with John Suhr and would model some other of his amps in the future. But it could be a Bogner Fish preamp too since Cliff once stated he was working on a special preamp to model... Now for the other mystery drive pedal... since we get a new overdrive with the AC booster, my guess is that the other one should be a distortion box. A Boss DS-1 is the obvious choice. With the keeley mod of course....to get that Mr.Vai vibe!! And again, Cliff once said he was interested about modeling this one. But again, this is pure speculation base upon nothing but....speculation!!! What about your thoughts on this guys ( and girls ) ??!!

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and speculate that the new drive will be modeled after some sort of stomp box, and the new amps will be modeled after something of the amp variety. Possibly even stomp boxes and amps that are related to guitar stuff :shock :lol. Sorry, j/k - I have no idea what they could be. Still waiting for the black box to cook my breakfast for me, so hoping that will be included this time.

Still hoping for a Super Reverb amp. Several have been offered to model, without a taker as far as I know which makes me think Mr C already has a great sounding specimen available. It is among the few of the many vaunted Fenders that was in demand enough to warrant a reissue by Fender themselves. Deluxe-Twin-Super... that's the three! It's absence in the Axe Fx is really odd when you consider some of much less popular amps that are included. Perhaps it is an effort to not have too many of one manufacturer's products in the roster. That's my vote!

i'd like to see a dumble inspired pedal added to our arsenal. the ethos, zen drive, and smokey signal tubeless pedals would all work! i'm very psyched about the AC booster- what a great addition!

it would also be great to have another higher gain pedal to work with. the shredmaster is ok and the m-zone is totally unuseable to me. the wampler pinnacle, the wampler SLOstortion, the mi audio crunchbox and the barber direct drive are far better sounding than either of the ones that we have right now.

Now thats cool to have new options but im wondering when the internal memory will run out and when we will see axe FX IIs ;p

A diezel herbert would be awesome, maybe cliff and the beta testers didnt hint at everything in the update and maye theres suprises :)

I like the barber direct drive, The zen drive would be another awesome addition. I use the fat rat for high gain exclusively but i would love to have one or two more choises for smooth high gain sounds. I don't use the shred master or the metal zone pedals, tried but can't get a pleasing tone with either of them.

I still am not a Axe owner, but probably will get mine from G66 probably a few weeks ahead.....
But yes......I am a drive pedal freak, & if I may state my humble opinion, it would be great if these get added to Axe (I also own these) are:
Blackstar HT pedals (especially the HT Dist)
AMT Electronics Fatal Tube, California sound, Astral Tube and Tube Platinum
Radial Tonebone Hot British
Analogman True Vintage Mod Ibanez TS808
Ibanez SM9 - great pedal
Carl Martin Plexitone
Keeley Modded Boss MT2
ZveX BoR, with boost
THere are many gems out there.

Haven't heard about another amp added? If so, among the guesses would be X99 rhythm. There's two or three people that would like that, and that should be enough ;)

Haven't heard about another amp added? If so, among the guesses would be X99 rhythm. There's two or three people that would like that, and that should be enough ;)

I will personally bring Cliff a cake shaped like his cats on his next birthday if that amp gets in there again :)

Last edited:
I think you can have your super allready. Ther is no difference in the schematic from a twin or a deluxe . You can just tweak the sag ,transformer- matc and -drive , and maybe damping and also change the speaker IR´s .

Still hoping for a Super Reverb amp. Several have been offered to model, without a taker as far as I know which makes me think Mr C already has a great sounding specimen available. It is among the few of the many vaunted Fenders that was in demand enough to warrant a reissue by Fender themselves. Deluxe-Twin-Super... that's the three! It's absence in the Axe Fx is really odd when you consider some of much less popular amps that are included. Perhaps it is an effort to not have too many of one manufacturer's products in the roster. That's my vote!

I still am not a Axe owner, but probably will get mine from G66 probably a few weeks ahead.....
But yes......I am a drive pedal freak, & if I may state my humble opinion, it would be great if these get added to Axe (I also own these) are:
Blackstar HT pedals (especially the HT Dist)
AMT Electronics Fatal Tube, California sound, Astral Tube and Tube Platinum
Radial Tonebone Hot British
Analogman True Vintage Mod Ibanez TS808
Ibanez SM9 - great pedal
Carl Martin Plexitone
Keeley Modded Boss MT2
ZveX BoR, with boost
THere are many gems out there.

I was a pedal freak too, but after the Axe I sold them all.
From your list, I´ve owned these: Fatal Tube, Hot Britsh, Plexitone and the BoR. And I assure: when you get the Axe you won´t need them anymore!
Maybe Skinpimp MKIII, Analogman KOT.

Still hoping for a Super Reverb amp. Several have been offered to model, without a taker as far as I know which makes me think Mr C already has a great sounding specimen available.

Call Derek Trucks! 8)

If Cliff can make something that is indestinguishable from that, I'll be amazed.

Back
Top Bottom