Upcoming Axe-Fx II Streaming Class

Great idea for a seminar; I am having a problem with EQing, the only thing that seems to make any real change to my like'ing is when I switch speaker cabs. So i would like to see a step by step procedure on a complete preset created from scratch. I would like to see what the benefits of filtering would be. Some of the tricks to creating good patches.

Just so everyone is clear on this, the class is FREE to tune in and stream. It will then stream again in full for free at 6 PST. To watch it after the fifth, either in full or in pieces, is $39.

Last edited:
funny i was considering doing live "classes" on ustream, got all my video gear going to test, but stopped when i saw this a while ago. i may revisit after the CC session is done.

cooper, you're gonna rock it :) lots of great ideas in the thread, but everyone needs to know that seemingly simple things aren't always easy to explain succinctly.

Looking forward to this. Kind of difficult but would be cool to maybe have some pointers on creating a FOH patch for live use but at home with headphones. Maybe just some kind of starting point template to get you in the ball park. I'm not using my Axe for live use yet simply because I don't have anywhere to create my live presets at gig volume. Just at home with headphones.

Last edited:
personally: IRs. I feel like while I understand quite a bit about the unit, IRs are still a bit of a mystery to me. such a drastic effect on the final tone, but it seems like you either 'know' their role and how to work with them, or you 'don't'. being I'm suggesting this, you can assume I'm in the latter category. :)

Just a quick question: I am looking on creativelive's site and cannot find cooper's workshop anywhere. Is it still on August 5th? I am really looking forward to this!

this guy has it right.

He does
yessmiley.gif

I signed up yesterday. Not real sure how to view it. I suppose just login in a few minutes before & hope for the best. A little clarity on that would be good. I am thinking of taking half day from work....

When you log in and click on the class you should be brought to a viewing page where you'll either see a love feed of them setting up or just a welcome screen. That's been my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't even have to log in, just click on "Watch now for free" at the top of the homepage, click on his class, which will be under the music and audio section, and start watching.

Looking forward to your class Cooper and thanks for your YouTube videos on the Fractal system they have been very helpful. I'm new to the Fractal, so I'm playing catch up. For several years I've been a simple setup guy; Tele - Delay - Compressor - Amp. However in the 80's I did run a MIDI rack so that is not foreign to me. Many of the venues I'm playing in these days require a 'direct in' no back line setup. In Ear Monitors have changed everything; hence the Fractal purchase. I'm loving the new Axe Fx II XL / MFC 101 MKIII; what a system.

Here are my questions; all geared towards live performance:

(1) What are the ways I can make all of my patches are the same output volume?
(A) Is there a way to do this 'Globally'?

(3) How do I program the system to 'Home' to a specific patch when powered up, i.e. Channel number whatever and not 001?
(4) How do I run my rack tuner (Stroborack) into the Fractal so that when I hit 'Tuner' on the MFC 101 MK III it mutes the channel and send the signal to the Stroborack?

Thank you for considering my questions.

Many of the online videos are geared towards the Rock and Metal genres; I'd love to see videos of people using the system in a Country music setting. Once I start using it live I'll post some; hopefully there are some others using it in Country as well..

1) I'll show this in the class.

2) Not really, no. For various reasons, you wouldn't really want there to be, either.

3) Not possible. The Axe will boot to the last preset selected. If you used it last without the MFC connected and you plug in the MFC, it will boot to the last preset the MFC remembers having been on.

4) Put the effects loop block first (so you get spillover) in all your presets' signal chains, plug the tuner input into the effects send but dont connect the return, and reprogram the tuner switch on the MFC to be the IA for FX LOOP.

There are tons of guys using the Axe for country, not the least of which being some of country music's biggest names. Once you start posting around, I'm sure they'll chime in! Welcome to the Fractal community!

I will gladly make time and play hookie to attend. Once this is confirmed and details pending please share. cooper thanks on behalf of all fellow Axe FX Aficionados.

Back
Top Bottom