Unwanted distortion-Crunch?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
I did search, I know this was talked about with FW 5. But I cannot find it. Some of my clean presets are now distorted, crunchy. Would be nice except for the fact they are my clean patches. Shiva Clean, USA Clean 1. A few others also. Where to look?
Also, with my older strat I use to lower the Hi Res and that worked wonders for the ice pick tone. So how would I accomplish that now? I am on 501.
Thanks Folks

EDIT: Well, about a year and a half ago I had an issue with my Strats displaying this distortion\bit something\unpleasant hi end sound on certain freat on all "3" Strats. They all are totally different pickup wise but all have maple necks. Back then it had to do with the Hi Res setting. Well,that issue is back for me also? Bummer. Not sure where to look now. But it even happens on my USA Deluxe 08 Strat with SD SC Humbuckers. Lil 59, JB Jr, Duckbucker in the middle. I will attempt to find the freq(s) and EQ. I have no problem doing that to every preset I have-as long as I can find it. Oh boy. Kind of bummed.

Last edited:
I had this happen to me too, I also was using Shiva Clean. Would be interested in peoples take on this as well.

I also had presets default to the Y amp block . That is NOT how it was before FW 5.0. All my presets, when selected via Midimate defaulted to X. This I can fix.

Last edited:
wasn't the quick fix to bring down the master volume?

i know 4.xx changed the master volume and 5.xx might have changed how it interacts with all the new dynamics settings. i have yet to load 5 because i'm so busy with work, but don't be afraid to turn the master volume much lower than you may be used to from older firmwares and using the ultra.

wasn't the quick fix to bring down the master volume?

i know 4.xx changed the master volume and 5.xx might have changed how it interacts with all the new dynamics settings. i have yet to load 5 because i'm so busy with work, but don't be afraid to turn the master volume much lower than you may be used to from older firmwares and using the ultra.
Hey Chris

That was part of what I was searching for but couldn't find. Duh. So that will help for sure-Thank

Back
Top Bottom