Unos, dos, tres, catorce

bxlgotham

Inspired
Just showed up, very hard to find these days. I have no idea what about it will significantly or noticeably sound different than other re-issues but from Fender:

This hand-wired classic '57 Tweed Deluxe re-creates a sound that has spoken to millions around with globe with U2, now with some modern enhancements under the hood for a tighter low end and extended dynamic range to meet Edge's specifications. A 12" Celestion Alnico Blue speaker evokes the Jensen alnico that Edge used in his original '57 Deluxe, with the smooth distortion characteristics, punchy attack, warm lows, and a musical top end that spoke to a generation. This Fender combo covers a wide range of sonic territory - from Edge's signature chased-delay lines to the kind of rock 'n' roll bark, howls, and squeals that'll make fans of the classic Tweed sound go crazy every time you crank up.
Anyone have one that knows how to tone match? Probably too esoteric for Fractal to bother with, or maybe they did already since Edge is using AFX, but then maybe he's not using them for amp sims, what do I know. Anyway, I will play around with it a bit and see what I can noodle out on the Axe. I have no experience with Fender Champs or tweeds other than the unusually sounding '62 Twin-Amp, and a Tube-Tone "Vibroverb" clone. So I have no way to judge it, other than to say subjectively it sounds beautiful.

1673917693484.png

Nice... Being mostly a metalhead, I'm completely out of touch with anything U2 after the '80s.... I figured catorce could genuinely be mistaken for cuatro 😂😂😂

Learn new stuff everyday 😃

Last edited:
It's a Deluxe with a 12AX7A instead of a 12AY7 for the input buffer and a Celestion Blue for the speaker. Turn Input Trim up a bit and change impedance curve to simulate.

I love all the cork-sniffing BS in the guitar.com review: something in the lower mids, blah, blah.
Seems 12AX7A is the default on a Deluxe Tweed amp block, is that what you are recommending to clone this? Thanks for the tips.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/...57_Fender_narrow-panel_Tweed_Deluxe.2C_5E3.29

With a 1x12 blue alnico cab?

This is a cool article comparing a '59 to the Edge amp. Has some details and hints to what settings you could play around with to get to the reissue sound.

https://guitar.com/review/fender-the-edge-deluxe-review/

Obviously another big (majority) part of Edge's tone is his modded AC30s and Fender Harvards.
IIRC, RedWirez has (had?) a Tweed Deluxe IR set with an AlNiCo Blue in the cab rather than the usual Jensen....

It's a Deluxe with a 12AX7A instead of a 12AY7 for the input buffer and a Celestion Blue for the speaker. Turn Input Trim up a bit and change impedance curve to simulate.

I love all the cork-sniffing BS in the guitar.com review: something in the lower mids, blah, blah.
Would love to see the schematic to see if there are any actual differences besides the higher plate supply voltage....

I used the factory "ZZ Top" preset to mimic this following Cliff's instructions. And noticed that Imp. curve for ZZ Top original scenes is the Tweed Emmy curve.
Added all the "BLUE"s to Cab block - nice growl!

I used the factory "ZZ Top" preset to mimic this following Cliff's instructions. And noticed that Imp. curve for ZZ Top original scenes is the Tweed Emmy curve.
Added all the "BLUE"s to Cab block - nice growl!
Check Marco Fantons latest free ODS patch on G66.eu, sounds killer with a HB Gibson cs.

Back
Top Bottom