Unofficial upate on the Fractal MFC-101 Midi Floor Ctrl...

tumbleweed_dunes.jpg

BUMP!

Um.. any chance of a status update? I'd love a ship date guarantee :D but I'll gladly settle for any sort of reassurance that this product is ever gonna ship at all.

Cheers

well, like most of you, i have been waiting for over a year on this thing. i can't really afford to wait any longer and just ordered a liquid foot jr.

browlett said:
Robboman said:
...but I'll gladly settle for any sort of reassurance that this product is ever gonna ship at all.

The situation...

tumbleweed.jpg

Us...

BDD_tumbleweed_head_perfectuk.jpg

Browlett, your pics made me laugh out loud (i refuse to type "lol" - i'm way too old for that)
They brought some much needed humour to a fairly disappointing state of affairs.

thanks.

Just get a LF Jr! Aside from my Ultra, it's been one of the best musical instrument related purchases i've ever made. I was also waiting for the Fractal one but i personally think it is pretty poor form that they (Fractal) announced this thing and now are just turning a deaf ear to any requests for updates. If you can't keep your customers updated, DON'T announce the thing in the first place... just my thoughts on the matter.

I do wish there was at least some response on what's going on with the pedal, but I understand how it can take forever to get a new item out the door. I do product demonstrations for a small, private company that makes original music products and customizes high end pieces for special clients. I've seen from the genesis of an idea to the point it gets to market, and I understand how it can take a long time. Unless you're building everything from scratch yourself, there are so many other people in the chain that you have to rely on to get the thing made, let alone tested, proven, and the finalized for production. If the metal-man can't get your box right, or the switches aren't reliable, or something doesn't quite fit the way it's drawn up, it costs you time and money. Then you have to consider, if you have a product that's already selling and making you money, and you don't have a building full of "employees" in a foreign country hacking out widgets for you, how much time do you dedicate to a product that will probably sell less than the product that's already proven? I'm sure if Cliff knew that for every Axe FX that's already gone out the door, each of us who'd bought one would buy the new pedal, he'd have a lot more reason to get it to market. But, every moment you dedicate to that new product, which is at this point ONLY costing you money, is a moment you can't spend making the product that makes you money now. So I see how it's a catch 22 for Cliff.

From a customer perspective I want my update now, and my pedal tomorrow. And I don't think it's a good idea to put out an update that says it's 95% done, and then disappear into a cloud of silence.

From a company perspective I understand how it can take forever and how frustrating it is when your clients or potential clients just don't seem to understand what it takes...

..... but damn I want my Fractal MIDI Controller!!!!! :cool:

I have to say if my Ground Control Pro wasn't suiting my needs at the moment and I had the xtra cash, I'd go Liquid Foot for more IA, two way communication and tuner display. I've pretty much given up hope on the MCF and that's not intended to be a slam on Fractal as I know Cliff is busy and he keeps us going cool update after cool update for the Standard and Ultra but a little progress note from the Fractal camp would be nice.

FractalAudio said:
Scott Peterson said:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Dig the display. 21 switches gooooooooooooooooooooooood. Dig the stepped design.

So it's similar in size to my All Access, but bigger screen, more switches and will have a tuner and I can use my expression pedals??!!?!?! I'm SO in for this.

Exactly. Almost identical in size to the All Access. Fits in a rack drawer.

Large 20-character display, transflective (sunlight readable)

Four expression pedal inputs, four external footswitch inputs

Expansion jack.

Remote reading of name and effect bypass states from the Axe-Fx. LEDs synchronize to states.

Configurable as 1, 5 or 10 presets per bank. Remaining switches are then IA.

Firmware updates via MIDI in.

Runs on 9VAC. Uses less than 1A current (as opposed to 2A for most other controllers). High-efficiency switch-mode power supply means smaller, less expensive power transformer. Phantom powerable via 7-pin MIDI cable.

Preset, Song and Set modes. blah, blah, etc.

Thought I'd re-post his comments made the day after that photo was posted. This was from April 16, 2009.
Has it really been almost 4 months since the last "official" comment on the Fractal controller?

The gaps between the switches will seal it for me. My GCP has 2.5 inches between each button and I struggle when I'm wearing pointy shoes/boots on stage - easy yo hit the button above and below as well at the intended one. So any less than 2.5 inches and I'll be sticking with GCP (I like pointy shoes )

I guess we'll need to wait and find out.

Nice, I wonder if Fractal USA will be giving us any notice in the near future....... to quote Bob, "I need, I need"

Oh "shaz-bot" i literally just ordered the midi mate after waiting patiently for about a year for this pedal, as i had no need for a pedal until this month. Oh well i guess i'll have to see if they fractal pedal is what i need in the end, if i find myself that unhappy with the rocktron. :roll:

I will believe it when I see it! Been on the wait list well over a year and just spring for an All Access. Gotta play, ya know? I'm sure when it does get here, it will be a killer product! Still can't wait...

Back
Top Bottom