Unjustified move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manning

Experienced
The admins have - without any apparent community discussion or consensus - arbitrarily reclassified ALL discussions regarding the waiting list or the availability of Axe II as "Off Topic".

Out of fairness, I've created this thread for them to defend their actions. Personally I regard this as a bit offensive - apparently the Axe II forums are no place for those who don't have one yet.

No disrespect or offense to those waiting for their Axe II. but I gotta say I'm glad the waiting list thread got moved. Maybe I'm the only one, but I was kind of tired of seeing that at or near the top of the Axe II discussion all the time. Seems like the discussion forum is intended to discuss aspects of the Axe II itself, not the process of getting one. Let the flaming commence :).

No disrespect or offense to those waiting for their Axe II. but I gotta say I'm glad the waiting list thread got moved. Maybe I'm the only one, but I was kind of tired of seeing that at or near the top of the Axe II discussion all the time. Seems like the discussion forum is intended to discuss aspects of the Axe II itself, not the process of getting one. Let the flaming commence :).

+1

My view changed when I received the AxeFX II. I wouldn't blame either side but I think the "Off Topic" forum is named incorrectly... it is neither a lounge nor off topic. For those who don't have the II, it is 100% on topic so the name and sudden move are probably offensive. Maybe creating a forum in the AxeFX II section called "Waiting list" or something like that would be more accommodating. By the way, I still watch these threads b/c I'd consider getting a second one depending on availability.

plus 1 trillion, I dont think its the main purpose of the board persay; I think all business discussions, wait lists, complaints about customer service should be in a "business" type section. Isnt this what the lounge is for?

Agreed +1

I find it odd that so many can post about a topic that in it self is so mundane before steering the topic it self off topic :roll. Personally the forum should have a General Chat section and that place is where topics like and others like it can live and die.

Agreed.

That thread needs the first 225 pages chopped off. I mean look at it! It's even bigger than the Axe II countdown! Besides, various users made unofficial lists and the last couple of pages seem to have the rules and posting somewhat under control.

The admins have - without any apparent community discussion or consensus - arbitrarily reclassified ALL discussions regarding the waiting list or the availability of Axe II as "Off Topic".

Out of fairness, I've created this thread for them to defend their actions. Personally I regard this as a bit offensive - apparently the Axe II forums are no place for those who don't have one yet.

Wow, you get offended easily. Does it really matter what section it's posted in? It's not like the thread was deleted. Now excuse me while I go play my Axe II ;)

Wow, you get offended easily. Does it really matter what section it's posted in? It's not like the thread was deleted. Now excuse me while I go play my Axe II ;)

Completely agree! Seems silly to get upset over something so easily accessible regardless which folder it's housed in.
:roll

i agree that it does not matter at all where these threads are placed. i think that the lounge is a better place since the axe ii discussion forums should be reserved to the topic related to the actual device and not its availability. so in the end, the move was justified in my eyes. potentially feeling insulted by the move and starting a thread so that the moderators can "defend themselves" is maybe slightly over the top in my eyes. (no insult to manning, whose motives are certainly genuine and honourable).

however, your last remark is a slap in the face of the millions of people that live in third world regions such as europe that will never in their lifetime have the chance to come even close an axe ii :)

Last edited:

I'm sure there were discussions, just not with anybody who doesn't put up any money for this site. I heard negotiations were rather short as the participation was decidedly one-sided.

I can understand disappointment or disagreement, but being offended by it? It didn't get deleted, just moved. I find it hard to believe someone should get that worked up over it to be 'offended'.

Are you one of those Occupy Wall Street people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom