UniVibe???

I sent Cliff a pm probably 6months ago about this. I have an older FT dv that has been sitting in a drawer for that last 2yrs and offered to send it in, but I didn't get a response, so I pretty much thought he probably had a way to achieve those tones :shruggs:.

Spawn-X said:
But finally, I experimented some different routing, and while I take phaser block before Amp or before Drive+Amp, I'm really pleased about some Machine Gun's tones that I can now obtain.

This is where I am at right now with a univibe tone. I need to screw around with it a little more, it just isn't as deep/wet as I would like it to be.

-Nate

+1 for a better Univibe. I have an original Univox one from '69, that I probably could send Cliff for a loan. I'm overseas, though.

+1

Not that the effect in there now isn't cool, it just doesn't sound a lot like a UniVibe. Having the Dark Side tone in my bag would be very cool. :cool:

AlbertA said:
Can anyone post a clip of a real UniVibe?

Start with these:
Robin Trower "Bridge of Sighs"
Jimi Hendrix "Machine Gun"

+1 for another vote for adding a good univibe sim to the Axe-Fx.

For me, and I expect for many - "Bridge ot Sighs" represents the classic univibe tone and the one I'm after. My GT8/GT10 did it quite well. It's hard to describe the difference between the desired effect and what the Axe Fx produces from the Phaser (Univibe). The desired effect kind of comes out in swirling deep waves sloshing around, where as the standard Axe Fx is more like a precise "hump" moving back and forth. When I listen to bridge of sighs I feel that deep undulating sound. I feel like I'm playing up one side of a wave and down the other. Somehow I want the Axe Effect to be more pronounced but less focussed and precise on the "hump" part. It's almost like the desired effect has some random elements in it.

I guess this description is quite vague but it's the best way I can describe it. "Bridge of Sighs" says it all for me as far as Univibe goes.

I've had many modellers (GNX3000, POD X3, Pod 2, Zoom G2, Boss GT8/10...) but only the Boss GT8/GT10 got close on this one to my ears. Although, overall I'm very happy with the Axe, the Univibe is one of the effects I'm not quite so happy with as I used to love using that effect in my GTs. I got somewhat closer with the Axe by combining 2 phasers in series but still no cigar and a lot of extra work and resources to do it.

very well put!

sprint said:
For me, and I expect for many - "Bridge ot Sighs" represents the classic univibe tone and the one I'm after. My GT8/GT10 did it quite well. It's hard to describe the difference between the desired effect and what the Axe Fx produces from the Phaser (Univibe). The desired effect kind of comes out in swirling deep waves where as the standard Axe Fx is more like a "hump" moving back and forth. When I listen to bridge of sighs I feel that deep undulating sound. Somehow I want the Axe Effect to be more pronounced but less focussed on the "hump" sound moving back and forth.

I guess this description is quite vague but it's the best way I can describe it. "Bridge of Sighs" says it all for me as far as Univibe goes.

I've had many modellers (GNX3000, POD X3, Pod 2, Zoom G2, Boss GT8/10) but only the Boss GT8/GT10 got close on this one to my ears. Although, overall I'm very happy with the Axe, the Univibe is one of the effects I'm not happy with as I used to love using that effect in my GTs. I got someone closer with the Axe by combining 2 phasers in series but still no cigar and a lot of extra work and resources to do it.

ntrsandmann said:
Did I miss it or is there no UniVibe sim?

How am i supposed to do hendrix/Trower without a UniVibe?!?!?! PLEASE?????

Thanks,

NTRSANDMANN
Can you, please, turn this topic to a poll?

The Vibe model has been completely rewritten for the upcoming firmware. A really cool feature is the new "Bulb Bias" parameter. You can adjust the quiescent current of the virtual light bulb to control how "lumpy" the sweep is.

FractalAudio said:
The Vibe model has been completely rewritten for the upcoming firmware. A really cool feature is the new "Bulb Bias" parameter. You can adjust the quiescent current of the virtual light bulb to control how "lumpy" the sweep is.

Yippeee!!

FractalAudio said:
The Vibe model has been completely rewritten for the upcoming firmware.
Not the UniVibe too??? :shock: Oh no, this leaves me complete without wishes and things to look forward to after the upgrade... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Maybe the rest of us could agree to postpone it as long as possible? :mrgreen: ;) ;)

TYVM, THX & TIA :cool:

I hope it can sound like this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEjFVyggLpI

Back
Top Bottom