Unique guitars

Recently sold my PRS SE HBII Blk/Gld and have this one on loan from a friend. It's a Parker Nitefly Mojo(?) because of the mahogany gloss finish. I consider this guitar to be one of the most avant grade futuristic types. Although Ken Parker no longer makes these, there are a number of them in public that command good prices because of their rarity.

The force is strong with this one. Will need to put the guitar through its paces before rendering a purchase decision or not.

uLR4f3W.jpg
It’s an unrefined Fly Classic, the Nightfly is a bolt on.

Recently sold my PRS SE HBII Blk/Gld and have this one on loan from a friend. It's a Parker Nitefly Mojo(?) because of the mahogany gloss finish. I consider this guitar to be one of the most avant grade futuristic types. Although Ken Parker no longer makes these, there are a number of them in public that command good prices because of their rarity.

The force is strong with this one. Will need to put the guitar through its paces before rendering a purchase decision or not.

uLR4f3W.jpg
Agree with @Andy Eagle . That is an unrefined Fly. One of the more desirable ones because it has all of the original features that Ken designed. I've had 3 of them and still own 2. Every time I consider selling one of them, I play it and instantly change my mind.

Agree with @Andy Eagle . That is an unrefined Fly. One of the more desirable ones because it has all of the original features that Ken designed. I've had 3 of them and still own 2. Every time I consider selling one of them, I play it and instantly change my mind.
Good for you for not selling them. I sold mine back in the day to finance an EBMM Axis after playing one in Guitar Center and deciding I liked it just a tad better than my Peavey Wolfgang, because of the neck. It would have made more sense to sell the Wolfgang instead, but I did like it more than the Fly.

It’s an unrefined Fly Classic, the Nightfly is a bolt on.
Possibly...
It was possible for me to locate a 2007 Parker Guitar catalog, and you are correct regards the Nitefly being a bolt-on. I'll check in a second to determine if the guitar is a classic or a deluxe.

Well, it isn't a Deluxe because the guitar weighs considerably more than a poplar-bodied Deluxe.

The 2007 Classic sports 3 knobs, 2 toggles and no tensioner knob.
Why does this example display 4 knobs and 2 toggle with tensioner knob?

Likely because this is, as you said, is an earlier unrefined Classic model with Dimarzios and Fishman piezo.

Last edited:
Possibly...

It was possible for me to locate a 2007 Parker Guitar catalog, and you are correct regards the Nitefly being a bolt-on. I'll check in a second to determine if the guitar is a classic or a deluxe.

Well, it isn't a Deluxe because the guitar weighs considerably more than a poplar-bodied Deluxe.

Likely because this is, as you said, is an earlier unrefined Classic model with Dimarzios and Fishman piezo.
I had three Parkers for years but sold them due to issues with the longevity of certain aspects. I replaced them with Aristides .

Possibly...

This is a <2003 guitar. The serial number will have letters on the end of it. BP if it's a deluxe
Catalogs can be found here https://flyclone.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

Congratulations. FTR, I did check Bing and viewed some of their selection. My thoughts turned to weight constraints and ergonomics, and the Strandberg Essential was intuitive at under $1K.
But zinc hardware oem pickups and is a budget model. Strandberg starts with the Original 6 IMO .
IMG_3051.jpeg
Here’s mine.

Back
Top Bottom