Umansky type tone

MichaelCP

Howdy all, just looking for opinions on what you think. 2 months ago G66 posted a video detailing the touring rig of intervals bassist Jacob Umansky. It sounds killer and I tried my best to recreate off what he said and the small visual clues we see in the video. However my tone ends up really sloppy sounding, lots of extra noise, not as tight as I’d want. Question A, how do you think he connects everything? And B am I just dumb and he just has a stupid tight gate on it? Thanks! Just got an FM9 so I wanted to give it a shot

Hey man, welcome to the rabbit hole. Please post your patch and I'll take a look. Ive got a Dingwall so I can post some clips too if needed.

Essentially he's doing one of two things..

(1) Splitting low and high frequencies using X-Over block - sending high to 5153 Blue and low to SVT
(2) Same as above but not splitting and sending whole signal to both paths.

Here's an old preset I haven't touched in a while, its more Nolly than Umansky but a similar approach

Attachments

• MackieBass.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Also, all his Dingwalls use the higher end FDV pickups which are WAYYY more spiky and punchy than what comes on any combustion/NG model

Back
Top Bottom